Wings 3D Development Forum
Helpful settings catalog of Create Texture Draw Options. - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Interface & Usage (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: How To (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Helpful settings catalog of Create Texture Draw Options. (/showthread.php?tid=1457)

Helpful settings catalog of Create Texture Draw Options. - tkbd - 11-19-2015

Wings3D can generate a variety of textures.
However,it need many trial and errors in order to obtain a nice result.
I make these for avoid to aimlessly magic-number mining.

This catalog will help to find the texture you want to make.
There are Siding, rattan, fruit, and wood grain etc.
Here is also a texture synthesis method using an alpha value of color.

How to use?
  • Enter values in AutoUV create texture drawing options dialog.
    and When you click the color button will appear "Choose Color" dialog.
  • Color picker of OS native appears when further click the color button.You can pick up a color in the dropper.

(Note: File size of their image is less than 1MB but height is roughly 2000px)
(Note2:Contents of dialog are little old when I did tested. But it maybe also applied in the new dialog.)

Pattern tips
[Image: make-wood-rebake-tips-zps9czspasl.png]

Wood_patterns
[Image: wood-patterns-zpsonvocenv.png]

Patterns list,
[Image: risuto.jpg]

Hexagon patterns,
[Image: risuto3.jpg]

Voronoi patterns,
[Image: risuto2.jpg]
Hexagon/Stripe/Tile patterns
[Image: risuto4.jpg]

Merge of procedual texture Tile1

[Image: siding-tile-02.jpg]

Merge of procedual texture Tile2
[Image: siding-tile-01.jpg]

------
tkbd

RE: Helpful settings catalog of Create Texture Draw Options. - micheus - 11-19-2015

Fantastic tkbd!
You found a lot of useful settings. Thanks for sharing.

I'm looking for a way to have a kind of patterns library to make that shareable as well as minimise the work every time we need an previously used setting. This way, we would just adjust the scale to make it fit in the new object. I hope I can find a way to implement that. Smile

RE: Helpful settings catalog of Create Texture Draw Options. - tkbd - 12-03-2015

Quote:I'm looking for a way to have a kind of patterns library to make that shareable as well as minimise the work every time we need an previously used setting.
Micheus, In your HeightMap plug-in, there was a function that choose from a preset of gradation styles.
It was very useful!
So,I hope similar function that can be invoke preset shader style in few clicks.

Another idea ... CUI/Web browser way.
This does not manage the preset list/savefile. Just read the settings just through the configuration string.
When press a "Get" button, It will generate a configure string from parameters from GUI Elements.
When press a "Put" button, It will be automatically GUI is reflected from the contents of the text field.
However, Programmer does define an argument for parameters to be used,and should to sanitize a input string unexpected.

This Config string method is adopted in application jPDFTweak.
jPDFTweak

P.S
Thank you for adopting the type names of Hexagon.
Also, I'm glad the new shaders and parameters are added by your update. Smile
----
tkbd

RE: Helpful settings catalog of Create Texture Draw Options. - micheus - 12-03-2015

(12-03-2015, 11:38 AM)tkbd Wrote: Micheus, In your HeightMap plug-in, there was a function that choose from a preset of gradation styles.
It was very useful!
So,I hope similar function that can be invoke preset shader style in few clicks.
We have a limitation in the current implementation of dialogs which we don't have a way to load data and apply them to the variables of the dialgos. So, that need to be fixed/implemented before.

RE: Helpful settings catalog of Create Texture Draw Options. - tkbd - 04-20-2020

Wings3Dv 2.2.x UV Texture > Create Texture Filter catalog
New filter effects are added,and it also can marge(Mask setting).

[Image: 4Cc5Zvqm.jpg]
[Image: yNfTehRm.jpg]
[Image: uVc0vt8m.jpg]
[Image: D0EH7oNm.jpg]
[Image: YR1Ll9mm.jpg]
[Image: P21l4rHm.jpg]
[Image: JhCmuKJm.jpg]
[Image: 0lVYgWnm.jpg]
[Image: ybpZv6Em.jpg]
[Image: 3NJ6rtgm.jpg]

RE: Helpful settings catalog of Create Texture Draw Options. - micheus - 04-21-2020

Thanks for this update.
The first post was also great, but it lost quality after the image provider (ImageShack) was no longer free. Sad