Wings 3D Development Forum
[fixed] Wings 2.0.2, Windows7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [fixed] Wings 2.0.2, Windows7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets (/showthread.php?tid=1511)

Pages: 1 2

[fixed] Wings 2.0.2, Windows7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - Fonte Boa - 12-29-2015

It is possible to assign any [ctrl, shift, alt] combo keys to Tweak tools by holding the keys and clicking over the command.

But how to hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets?
I've already tried to use [Ins] method without success.
The Ctrl+Ins or Ctrl+Alt+8 dont work for this.

Is there really a problem here or am i missing something?

RE: Wings 2.0.2, Windows 7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - micheus - 12-29-2015

Fonte, the way to set the hotkeys was changed when the code was migrated to use the new GUI library (wxWidgets).

If you are using the old method, please take a look at the menu Help -> How to set hot keys for the new instructions.

Hummm, it seems to be the same issue reported by tkbd for mac. Undecided

RE: Wings 2.0.2, Windows 7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - Fonte Boa - 12-29-2015

I've used the new methods, Micheus, but no success.
The method to hotkey Tweak commands like Move, Relax etc is working fine.
But i couldnt find a way to hotkey Tweak Constraints (X, Y, Z, Normal etc) neither Tweak Magnets (Dome, Strainght etc).
The habitual method to do this (works in 1.5.3, for example) is the old Ins: highight the Constraint or Magnet command, press [Ins] and hit the hotkey. It isnt working under 2.0.1.

RE: [micheus] Wings 2.0.2, Windows7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - Fonte Boa - 01-06-2016

Could you find some time to solve this, Micheus?

RE: Wings 2.0.2, Windows7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - micheus - 01-08-2016

Fonte Boa, I updated the wings_tweak.bem to include this fix.

You will be able to set hotkeys for Tweak menu again as well as see them assignments in the tweak help line (on top).

But, please note that you will not be able to bind keys like F1 to F12 anymore - I hope this can be temporary. björng is checking this.
What was set before is working, that is happening only for new assignments. Smile

RE: [fixed] Wings 2.0.2, Windows7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - Fonte Boa - 01-09-2016

Micheus, i couldnt find a way to set Tweak Constraints and Tweak Magnets.
[Ins] key isnt working to set those hotkeys.

RE: [fixed] Wings 2.0.2, Windows7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - micheus - 01-09-2016

humm... It seems I messed up something here.

1) [CTRL]+[INS]
2) [ALT]+[RMB]
3) select Magnets
4) select Dome
5) hit a key (like 8 )

That will set the 8 key to Dome. If there was another assigned you will get it working too. That's the normal behaviour.
But, if I try to unbind ([CTRL]+[DEL]) one key it isn't working - the key keeps assigned to the command.

I'm going to take a look on this.

RE: [fixed] Wings 2.0.2, Windows7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - Fonte Boa - 01-09-2016

I could not repeat the 5 steps you pointed, Micheus.
After i press Ctrl+Ins (step 1), when i hit Alt+RMB (step2), Tweak menu doesnt appear (what appears is Wings context menu (cube, torus, cylinder etc etc).

RE: Wings 2.0.2, Windows7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - micheus - 01-09-2016

Yeah, that's because I'm a stupid. I forgot to link the wings_hotkey.beam when I linked wings_tweak.beam.
You need to update both files. Sorry.

RE: [fixed] Wings 2.0.2, Windows7, cant hotkey Tweak Axis Constraints and Tweak Magnets - micheus - 01-09-2016

Please test the latest update first, otherwise we are going to get confused here. Wink