Wings 3D Development Forum
Resurrecting Wings... - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Resurrecting Wings... (/showthread.php?tid=1544)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Resurrecting Wings... - Dimitri - 04-10-2016

'Honestly, I don't see the purpose of this thread! Instead of debating on this why not create and help promote Wings 3d by what you create? And there are lots of other apps on the market, no one force you to use Wings, if you don't like go with the other software at your choice.'

Mishou the purpose of this thread is this exactly: to stir the desire for further development of Wings. I, personally, am one of the oldest users of the app here, in the forum (I am a user of it from the very times it made its first steps). The reason that I did begin this thread is just because I do enjoy working with this app. Because I do see in it virtues that is difficult to find -all of them together- in other apps. I do not have, however, the opportunity to get involved in programming. I am a little bit old too, as to my age, to go through such a learning process (I am 55) but I feel that I can contribute by being a dedicated tester of it... or by making suggestions for its enrichment in tools.

So, it is not a matter of criticizing, it is a matter of loving an app and feeling the need to see the continuation of its development. That's all. : - )

RE: Resurrecting Wings... - Mishou - 04-10-2016

I see! The further development it is indeed a problem, and i'm not younger anymore too Smile

RE: Resurrecting Wings... - ggaliens - 04-10-2016

Don't give in to popular culture concepts of age. This is where you must look at glass half full vs half empty and make right choice for you. Eat right ... get your rest and above all ... use the wisdom and tricks you have gained over years, to do twice as much in half the time.

All hail Jaromir Jagr !

RE: Resurrecting Wings... - Extrudeface - 04-10-2016

Lol, are we all old ? in my forties... edit- @ggaliens Agree with the advantages part Wink ...

Mark like your optimism! I felt like a sixteen years old boy. Ready to confront all the difficulties in the way of being an expert in Erlang programming. : - )))))))

RE: Resurrecting Wings... - beng27 - 04-10-2016

New user. Just to say W3D is awesome, I've picked it up in a few weeks and now have 3D sculptures on Shapeways, couldn't have been possible without it. Its so quick and fairly stable, I just wish it had a few of TopMods tools as well ...

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bismuth

Beng27... as I see it says that you are a programmer too, in your presentation text in Shapeways... so, why not putting your hands on Erlang too? : - )

RE: Resurrecting Wings... - adh3d - 05-13-2016

I think wings3d it is not dead at all. Wings3d will live while someone use it to make 3d art, with a new or an old version of wings3d.

Sometimes, I use an early version of wings3d, 0.99, why, because I am just modeling and I am more comfortable with the menus adn the way to work with them. When I need more options, I use the new version.

I said that because wings3d, even old versions are the best and easiest tool in the "market" for box modelling. You want more features, great, that's great, but to create 3d models you don't need more.

RE: Resurrecting Wings... - upupandawaay - 06-21-2016

I see! The further development it is indeed a problem, and i'm not younger anymore too. Not dancing to edm music anytime soon.

I 100% support this idea. I think it's the next 'evolution' if I may. I would recommend adding a feature that allows to make professional invoices. This can really put the app in a league of it's own.

RE: Resurrecting Wings... - Extrudeface - 08-15-2016

I use it in absolutely every single project that involves 3D.
Even today.
I model any thing, be it organic or object models. Then I export and typically uv map, texture, animate if needed, and render in Blender.
I could model as well in Blender. But I am simply many times faster in Wings, and feel more at home in that field with it, by far. Building the scene, typically in Blender, as materials and stuff is involved and very linked to Blender needs. I could model in virtually anything that lets me push vertices around. Is simply not that fast and flexible in other tools.

I never post images on the gallery, as most of my work aren't pieces of art, my use of 3D lately is very functional, not like when I worked as a video game artist. Mostly for marketing material.