Wings 3D Development Forum
Thread for Manifoldlab... - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ManifoldLab Plug-ins Collection (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Thread for Manifoldlab... (/showthread.php?tid=1547)

Pages: 1 2

Thread for Manifoldlab... - Dimitri - 01-27-2016

I think that it is good to have a separate thread -as it was before- in the forum for Mark's Manifoldlab version. There is no need to be in a competitive mindframe. The best is having a co-working and solidarity stance. So, why not? It would be an enrichment of the forum.

Mark, what do you think?

RE: Thread for Manifoldlab... - micheus - 01-27-2016

When this forum was created by Optigon there was a session for ManifoldLab which I removed after ggaliens asked for:
(04-06-2015, 02:29 PM)ggaliens Wrote: Please Closed This "ManifoldLab Subforum"

When you get a chance. Due to lack of reasonable development protocols ... I have decided to continue onwards with separate development path. You want to keep things sane, delete this subforum.

Manifoldlab is supported only through www.manifoldlab.com

RE: Thread for Manifoldlab... - ggaliens - 01-27-2016

Was not my best and most friendly day. Maybe not even a good decision my me back in April 2015.

I'm not getting much traffic at my forum at all ... and not even a few posts per week. Oh well.

RE: Thread for Manifoldlab... - Dimitri - 01-27-2016

'Was not my best and most friendly day. Maybe not even a good decision my me back in April 2015.'

It was evident that it was so Mark. All of us have such days in their lives. So, ok, let get the thread back. It is a pity not to have a mention of Manifoldlab version in the forum here.

Micheus, no one blames you for detaching the thread. I remember the related dialogue. It was clearly Mark's decision. But, anyway, let get it back. We have to cooperate for Wings' further development. The Manifoldlab version is a good try for having a more experimental version of Wings, something as the various 'unofficial' builds of Blender in GraphicAll.org. There is a need for such a version, for sure. It can give the opportunity to explore and test new tools, without much thought about strict stability issues.

RE: Thread for Manifoldlab... - micheus - 01-27-2016

It's up to ggaliens. I just need to know what he wants.

RE: Thread for Manifoldlab... - ggaliens - 01-27-2016

I guess since going alone is not that much fun ... I'd be ready to try and do a good job with ManifoldLab thread if we re-make it in the Wings forum.

Please give me another try at that. Same as before ... forum subsection would be great. I think maybe I should focus on real plugins ... as much as a forked release for "testing".

Sorry for lapse in judgement.

RE: Thread for Manifoldlab... - ggaliens - 01-28-2016

RE: Thread for Manifoldlab... - micheus - 01-28-2016

(01-27-2016, 10:59 PM)ggaliens Wrote: I guess since going alone is not that much fun ... I'd be ready to try and do a good job with ManifoldLab thread if we re-make it in the Wings forum.
You don't need re-make it. I've preserved all this time. Wink

Nice to see you implemented the tube plugin. It has exactly two year when you argue to me about to use points in a surface instead of the camera as I was working in. I didn't give up of that, I just lose my code after the storage has been damaged. Sad

RE: Thread for Manifoldlab... - micheus - 01-28-2016

I played a little with it and with these settings:
h: 0.2
sect: [[1,1],[1,1]]
step:1
max:30
ngon: 3
minbend: 1
head2tail: -1 = OK; 0 = almost Ok; 1 and 2 = strange result; >= 3 crash.

[Image: ml_curve_zps4a240036.png]
In sect, if we replace 1 for another 1, time after time, the object changes a little like producing a small rotation of the shape.

obs: I could not to apply the 'T' key since Wings3D is crashing.

Because I have been working in something similar these days, I think you should advice users that is not possible to use path that cross it self.

Just curiosity, are you using any wings3d native code check for the correct sequence for the path, since wings3d doesn't uses our selection order to create the selection data.
[Image: ml_curve2_zps4071e84c.png]

RE: Thread for Manifoldlab... - Dimitri - 01-28-2016

Good, at last the thread is here again. : - )

Mark do not forget to put somewhere on the head of the thread the download link too... the newcomers have to know where from they can download the app.