Wings 3D Development Forum
[fixed] New MMB Connect for vertices (BUG) - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [fixed] New MMB Connect for vertices (BUG) (/showthread.php?tid=1664)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New MMB Connect for vertices (BUG) - ggaliens - 04-09-2016

Just another depiction of what kinds of tests I'm doing.

Decided to try it inside and outside a hollow bunny.

RE: New MMB Connect for vertices (BUG) - dgud - 04-10-2016

Yes I walk using the topology that is the only thing that will work, your stop plane thing didn't work for me.

The bug you encounter seems to be more in hotkey handling. Then in connect-cut command.

RE: New MMB Connect for vertices (BUG) - ggaliens - 04-10-2016

Dan ... could you SEQUESTER ... or isolate the code from wings_vertex to a new module called wings_connect_cuts ? So that I might more easily play with the sum of what new refactors you have done ? This would leave alone the wings_vertex_cmd changes to provide user access.

Like this ... only moving out this function and its supporting functions ...

wings_connect_cut:connect_cut(VS0, VE0, #we{} = We0)

The bug was not with hot keys. It's also not due to overlapping cuts. Even though somehow seems more likely with overlapping-cuts. The bug is from using the topological approach and not picking the shortest of the two or more loops created by the start and end points.

RE: New MMB Connect for vertices (BUG) - micheus - 04-10-2016

ggaliens, it can be cause by a hothey for sure. I fixed some of them for tweak mode. It happens when the hotkeys info is about to be displayed.
So, it's easy to test. Just rename your preferences and leave Wings3d create a new one. You probably will not have it anymore.

Attach your preferences and let me find the problem. It's what I use to do here. Wink

Micheus ... I cleaned out the hotkeys. Deleted preferences file. Let wings3d remake the preferences. used only the menu item click plus CTRL+RMB to get at the function. It is grabbing the correct function ... you can see that from the video. Neither of the other two LMB or RMB would give you the results you see.

Anyways ... have you tried to replicate the results I'm showing Micheus with this new command ? Please try it.

I asked you a simple thing. Huh
Do you have a search in file tool? if so, do a search in the source code looking for "bindkey". You will find it three files: wings_io_wx.erl, wings_hotkey.erl and wings_pref.erl.
Depending on your tool, you will see that only the last two make use of it in this format {bindkey,vertex,120} as present in your log.
So, if you want help us to fix that, you just need to attach your preferences file here. Thanks.

(04-10-2016, 02:54 PM)ggaliens Wrote: Anyways ... have you tried to replicate the results I'm showing Micheus with this new command ? Please try it.
No, it's a new command. It's a fresh code in your and dgud's mind. I will need to read and understand it before I can fix anything. So, that is not my call at this moment.

"No, it's a new command."

People don't want to TRY new stuff anymore ? Man ... that's all we used to do back in the days of Optigon, PuzzledPaul, and the first Y2K decade.

Maybe some of the other old timers will remember how we used to do it. When a new feature came out ... we all piled on it pretty heavy with testing.

(04-10-2016, 04:53 PM)ggaliens Wrote: "No, it's a new command."
People don't want to TRY new stuff anymore ?
Man, what do you want of me?
People aren't me, so don't put them in the same basket. Probably others will test. I just don't want do that now. May I?

I started this bug report. I would like it to be about the CONNECT-CUT going forward, and not at all about hotkeys. It was my mistake to bring hotkeys into conversation. I would very very much like to have that part of side-discussion as a separate bug thread, please.

RE: New MMB Connect for vertices (BUG) - micheus - 04-11-2016

A new one for the collection:
Quote:Internal Error
Version: 2.0.3
Window: geom
Reason: {case_clause,[{stop,0},5,{0,1}]}

Stack trace:
[{wings_vertex,select_cut_edges,4,
[{file,"c:/Users/uabdgud/src/wings/src/wings_vertex.erl"},
{line,310}]},
{wings_vertex,connect_cut,3,
[{file,"c:/Users/uabdgud/src/wings/src/wings_vertex.erl"},