Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=2053)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - tkbd - 07-22-2016

I tried new version(corrected library paths/v3.0.1).
It worked well!!
David,Thank you very much for fix and for quick response.

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - oort - 07-22-2016

The change to dispersion in 0.1.99 Beta 3 is what changed things for me. In version 0.1.99 Beta 2 everything looks as expected.

From the readme file - Fix for problem with Rough Glass too bright when dispersion is enabled. See: http://www.yafaray.org/node/642

oort

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - david.bluecame - 07-23-2016

Hello, guys!

About the Mac build, Ive included the library path fixes in my build process so from now on (including v3.0.2) should be ok. Please let me know if you have any more issues.

About dispersion, I will include it in my next material system full review to see what's the more correct way of doing it.

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - oort - 07-23-2016

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing the next release. Thanks for all you have already done.

oort

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - micheus - 07-24-2016

What means that:
Quote:[02:40:31] INFO (+ 1s): PhotonMap: Shot 500000 photons from 2 light(s)
[02:40:31] ERROR: PhotonMap: Too few diffuse photons, stopping now.
I tried increase the value to 5000000, but I still got the same message.
Is there any specific requirement for enable PhotonMap?

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - david.bluecame - 07-24-2016

Hello,

May I have that scene or part of it? I would like to check why is this happening. Could be a problem in the scene perhaps but only way to be sure is trying to render it.

Otherwise if you can send me the log it would be good.

I'm going to try to find the settings again. After that I had played with many other settings and in the current setup the message doesn't appear. Undecided

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - oort - 07-24-2016

Micheus,
I think you get that if you do not have enough lights in your scene when using some of the lighting methods other than Direct Lighting. Can't remember which ones that happens in.

From the render settings dialog Help...

Quote:No image rendered:
Check the Log Window for information. When rendering with Lighting methods with Global Illumination, no image will be rendered if not enough photons are present. Try adding more lights to your scene.

oort

Thanks oort.
To not change the subject of this thread, but to try understand better how to set the scene for Yafaray I started a thread that I hope you guys could help: Yafaray x Kerkythea.
It's not really a comparison between both renders, but a way to get some relationship between the intended result and the yafaray settings needed to reach it.

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - david.bluecame - 07-26-2016

Hello,

I'm starting to have a problem with the YafaRay plugin upgrade. This plugin is used both for YafaRay and TheBounty, but they have been diverging more and more in time. This is especially true for v2 and v3 of YafaRay.

Now there are many new parameters, parameters that were removed, etc, as well as parameters that don't exist at all in YafaRay such as SSS. Having two plugins (one for each renderer) with different names and keys would be the best, but I can understand you may want to use a single plugin for both, so scenes are compatible and plugin maintenance somewhat simpler. However on the other side this can be a big headache for both YafaRay and TheBounty, as we would be stepping on each other toes.

Please advise what would be the best and most reasonable way of going forward with the YafaRay plugin development.

Thanks!