Wings 3D Development Forum
The Bounty Renders - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gallery (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Bounty Renders (/showthread.php?tid=2130)

The Bounty Renders - oort - 09-01-2016

I am posting some renders of SSS using The Bounty.

Since a future release of Wings3D will have separate plugins for YafaRay and The Bounty, I decided it was time to start a thread specific to The Bounty.

At this time, it is still possible to produce SSS (using The Bounty) with the current release of the YafaRay plugin.

After discovering the importance of the Absorption Distance setting, I got much better results with SSS.

The following were rendered with The Bounty 0.1.6 RC3. I only created the candle 3D model. 

[Image: Example-Candle-The-Bounty.png]

[Image: Example-Blender-Monkey-Skin-The-Bounty.png]
The Blender Monkey

[Image: Headtest-Absorp5.png]
Render of model posted by 3d-Art at archibaseplanet.com. Marble Procedural Texture added.

[Image: Example-Jade-Dragon-White-Scatter-Color-...sorp10.png]
Render of Dragon from the Stanford 3D Scanning Repository. Cloud Procedural Texture added.

[Image: Example-Jade-Happy-Buddha-The-Bounty800x800.png]
Render of Happy Buddha from the Stanford 3D Scanning Repository.

oort

RE: The Bounty Renders - oort - 09-02-2016

Just in case someone wants to play with SSS, here is a document that might help you... The Bounty SSS

oort

RE: The Bounty Renders - Dimitri - 09-05-2016

Hello Oort! I have tried to work with the sss shader of Bounty in Blender but in vain. The results you put here are quite nice. I will read the pdf you attached... so, let see what could be... : - )

RE: The Bounty Renders - oort - 09-05-2016

Dimitri,
Glad you like them. Make sure you use The Bounty RC3 and not RC4. SSS is faster in RC4 but the quality is not as good. Povmaniac has said that he will be changing SSS back to the RC3 build.

I do not use Blender but maybe if you post images of your results I can figure out what you might need to change.

If there is something that is not clear in the pdf let me know so I can make it better.

Thanks,
oort

RE: The Bounty Renders - Dimitri - 09-06-2016

Ok Oort, thanks for the precious information! I will try to experiment with Bounty's sss again, using the RC3, and share the results. : - )

RE: The Bounty Renders - oort - 09-06-2016

Dimitri,
I look forward to seeing your results. If you cannot find version RC3, it is available for download on my Wings3D page. This is a Windows version.

oort

RE: The Bounty Renders - oort - 12-03-2023

Since Micheus was kind enough to update the plugin for TheBounty (Fork of YafaRay) rendering software for Wings3D v2.3 I wanted to work on some SSS renders I had started working on a long time ago. I use TheBounty only for SSS renders since other features work better with YafaRay.

I am sharing my work using Postimage since Photobucket no longer supports free image hosting.

See some of my renders below...

oort

[Image: Dragon-Plastic-SSS.png]
My attempt at a plastic Dragon (Model from Stanford 3d Scanning Repository)

[Image: Wax-Shapes-The-Bounty-Wings2-3.png]
Wax Shapes

[Image: Milk-Whole-Glass4-Path-Trace-The-Bounty-Wings3-D2-3.png]
Glass of Milk (Path Tracing Render)

RE: The Bounty Renders - micheus - 12-04-2023

oort, overall they look OK to me, but are those dark contours caused by the dark background or its a glitch?

RE: The Bounty Renders - oort - 12-04-2023

The following render is just a test to see if it is possible to see a shiny diffuse sphere inside of an SSS object when using TheBounty.

Micheus,
Thanks for your feedback. I had not noticed the dark edges around the objects. I think it must be a setting I am using. I do not see them in the following render. Do you? I will see if I can find the cause of the dark edges.

oort

[Image: SSSSolid-Core-The-Bounty-Wings2-3.png]
Shiny Diffuse sphere inside of SSS cylinder

RE: The Bounty Renders - micheus - 12-05-2023

(12-04-2023, 10:55 PM)oort Wrote: Do you? I will see if I can find the cause of the dark edges.
No, it's much better.