Wings 3D Development Forum
[Fixed]: New test release, please test - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Fixed]: New test release, please test (/showthread.php?tid=2195)

Pages: 1 2

[Fixed]: New test release, please test - Fonte Boa - 10-15-2016

I'm using Wings3d 2.1, 64 bits. No much time to test. Therefore i'll post the problems i found here and will number them for developers better control.

(1) In Tweak mode, during any command execution (Move, Scale, Relax, etc), when user hold [Alt] key and drag the mouse (this is to adjust Tweak Magnet Radius), there is no way to return to the command in execution after release that key. Wings remains in "Adjust Radius" command... A way to interrupt this is to release left mouse button and, as consequence, the command that was in execution (another way is to press the combo for that command again, but this workaround isnt possible when using the command associated to simple Move the mouse).

Congratulations for the hard work. It seems pretty stable here.

RE: New test release, please test - Fonte Boa - 10-16-2016

(2) About Context menu (user calls it by RMB click):
(2a) Context Menu just close if user clicks twice in a empty place in geometry window ou if user clicks on a geometry.
(2b) Each time user RMB clicks, it appears a Context Menu and it remains opened if user RMB clicks again: the correct would be to open a Context Menu and close the anterior one.
(2c) [Esc] key used to close Context Menu: now it doesnt work, unless you press it and, then, move mouse cursor on the geometry. Then Context Menu closes.

Those observations are valid to Tweak Menu and UV Editor Menu, except Sculpt Menu (that is problematic too).

RE: New test release, please test - dgud - 10-16-2016

Quote:(2) About Context menu (user calls it by RMB click):
(2a) Context Menu just close if user clicks twice in a empty place in geometry window ou if user clicks on a geometry.
(2b) Each time user RMB clicks, it appears a Context Menu and it remains opened if user RMB clicks again: the correct would be to open a Context Menu and close the anterior one.
(2c) [Esc] key used to close Context Menu: now it doesnt work, unless you press it and, then, move mouse cursor on the geometry. Then Context Menu closes.

Those observations are valid to Tweak Menu and UV Editor Menu, except Sculpt Menu (that is problematic too).

I don't have that problem or I don't understand what you mean.
RMB open menu
LMB outside of menu, closes the menu
MMB outside of menu does nothing
RMB outside of menu, closes the first one and reopens the menu in new place.

Tested on Windows-10

RE: New test release, please test - Fonte Boa - 10-16-2016

<<LMB outside of menu, closes the menu
(...)
RMB outside of menu, closes the first one and reopens the menu in new place.>>

Not here, Dgud. Double LMB click out of menu closes menu.
RMB outside of menu, open the menu in a new place but dont close the first one.

If you want, i can record a video.
I'll try to test in another machine.
Here WIndows 7.

A video showing the RMB click problem. IMO this is something related to screen redraw speed.

(3) Isnt there a way to avoid a window (Geometry, Outlines, Palette etc) snap at the borders of main Geometry Window? Isnt it possible to keep a window flying over the Geometry Window? Shoudnt this behaviour be optional? Another question: isnt it possible to hide the top bar (that one with the icons)?

nemyax also have refresh problems on win-7 (and other problems as well).

My Win-7 works fine, so it's hard to fix that for me, when I can't reproduce.

Did you have the same problems on 2.0.5 (it's mostly the same menu code there) ??

3a) Not optional, maybe opt out. I answered this before I think you want your windows docked after you have worked with it for a while and the only reason to not have them docked is multi-monitor setup and then it isn't a problem either.

3b) Hidden Toolbar, Not currently should be simple to fix tough.

Fonte Boa (and Nemyax) regarding the redrawing problems when window moves and recreating menus,
I tested some (still on Windows 10) and we don't redraw the geom window when the something like
that happens, Windows handles the redrawing itself.

And since this works on my Windows 7 I suspect you have done something on your machines, i.e. some setting
somewhere that disables Windows handling of that.

Are there more people with the same type of problems?

RE: New test release, please test - Fonte Boa - 10-19-2016

About 2.a e 2.b, the "ghost" context menu (the context menu that should disappear when user RMB click and open a "new" one) disappears if the mouse cursor is on the more recent context menu window. Just point to the last one opened and the anterior one disappears.

Maybe this can give to developers some idea about what is going wrong on.

RE: New test release, please test - dgud - 10-20-2016

Fonte Boa fixed 1) i.e. magnet resize while in tweak

I have done some tries to get rid of the redrawing issues, but I don't know if I fixed anything
since it works fine on all my machines.

Fixed pref for showing toolbar as well.

And (have not tested on mac and linux) but if it works pressing SHIFT while dragging windows will not
dock them to main window.

RE: New test release, please test - Fonte Boa - 10-21-2016

Dgud, thank for your work! I'll test more Wings 2.1 this weekend.

RE: Context menu redraw issue ("ghost" context menu ) - Fonte Boa - 11-05-2016

Dgud, dont ask me why, but this redraw issue has dissapeared in 2.1.2 Wings3D release. Smile