Wings 3D Development Forum
When creating a new folder, don't focus on "Objects". - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: When creating a new folder, don't focus on "Objects". (/showthread.php?tid=2265)

When creating a new folder, don't focus on "Objects". - tkbd - 11-30-2016

I have done a few tests for the new folder system in GeometryGraph.
Drag and Drop, Move items from a folder to anoher folder,Folder compatibility with v1.5.4 etc.
So I write what I've noticed.

About user experience, Is it possible to bring the focus to the object automatically?
When creating a new folder,an interface suddenly changed, and the focus moves to the new folder.
So I misunderstood/confused that the items which has so far have disappeared.

If the "Objects" is focused on, since there is an existing object display in the right column of geometry graph window, I wouldn't misunderstood.

Also,in Wings3D v1.4.5 there was an icon in the folder item.
and...the number of items in the folder had been displayed as numerical values.
See a following image.
[Image: th_suggestion_zpsmg6mv9wa.png]

Reference:The folder system in Wings3D v1.5.4 vand 2.1.3
[Image: th_new_folder_system_zpsxjstxc8m.png]

Mock-up Image: Folder icon in Geometry Graph (I make this by Emoji)
[Image: th_folder_icon_and_zpsrdf4mpra.png]

The new folder system is convenient.
Because it organized by a column list,we hasn't to scroll through the tree items to search for it. Smile

MacOSX 10.11.6
Wings3D 2.1.3

RE: When creating a new folder, don't focus on "Objects". - micheus - 11-30-2016

(11-30-2016, 11:42 AM)tkbd Wrote: About user experience, Is it possible to bring the focus to the object automatically?
When creating a new folder,an interface suddenly changed, and the focus moves to the new folder.
So I misunderstood/confused that the items which has so far have disappeared.
I disagree.
For me, the way it works now it works better. When we create a folder is supposedly because we are about to create new objects assigned to it or move selected objects to it.
I don't know how to think the objects disappear since we just create a folder and get it focused - ready to be used.

Just my thoughts as user (not coder) Wink

Show the objects count may be ease to add (I think)

RE: When creating a new folder, don't focus on "Objects". - tkbd - 12-01-2016

micheus Wrote:For me, the way it works now it works better. When we create a folder is supposedly because we are about to create new objects assigned to it or move selected objects to it.
I don't know how to think the objects disappear since we just create a folder and get it focused - ready to be used.

Just my thoughts as user (not coder) Wink
I had used been the opposite way you said from before. Blush
At first,creating a folder without select any objects and then dragging and dropping(or use from RMB menu) object items on the geometry graph.
So v2.1.x, the UI display changed, I lost sight of the item to select on the geometry graph(Of course the data actually exists).Rolleyes

Quote:Show the objects count may be easy to add (I think)
I appreciate it!