Wings 3D Development Forum
Spanish Translation - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Spanish Translation (/showthread.php?tid=2407)

Pages: 1 2

Spanish Translation - Asticles - 02-16-2017

Hi all,

Just finished Spanish translation, made a Pull request, but manually from the web because my repository at github does not update from changes on my local repository (followed Micheus tutorial).

Also, I would like to change es-ES form language menu to Español(España)

Can anybody help me? Tongue

Thanks!

RE: Spanish Translation - dgud - 02-16-2017

I have seen the PR, may take a couple of days until I have time to look at it.
Thanks.

RE: Spanish Translation - tkbd - 03-03-2017

Hi! Asticles.
Thanks for translating Español version.

Although next Wings3D version has not yet been released,
I introduced your translation data into Help Disctionary.

Español version of Help Disctionary can be seen from the following URL.
Español version (Text mode)(Español version also can be displayed in Wings3D v2.1.x or later only.)
Update Log
---------------
tkbd

RE: Spanish Translation - Asticles - 03-03-2017

I see there are some issues with the translation. What I don't understand is why there are still some sencences untranslated, although I translated the entire eng file.

Can anyone give me some clues about that?

RE: Spanish Translation - micheus - 03-03-2017

(03-03-2017, 06:02 PM)Asticles Wrote: What I don't understand is why there are still some sencences untranslated, although I translated the entire eng file.
Probably because you translated the wings_en.lang only.

You also need to check the language files for all subdirectories under plugins folder (C:\Program Files\wings3d_2.1.5\lib\wings-2.1.5\plugins). Wink

RE: Spanish Translation - tkbd - 03-04-2017

Asticles,
As expected by Micheus, it seems that the translation data of each plugin is not complete yet.
In fact, in your Github, I could only find the translation file of core part of Español version.

I recommend that you translate the plugin resource based on the latest English version of translation files.
Because the order of translation datas are sorted correctly. Smile

Micheus,By the way,does the language code name include CAPITAL letters OK?
Español version's file is named "wings_es-ES.lang"
On some operation system,"ABC.txt" and "Abc.txt" are each handled as unique files.

In other examples in Wings 3D, it is all expressed in lowercase letters.
wings_zh-cn.lang
wings_zh-tw.lang

----------------
tkbd

RE: Spanish Translation - Asticles - 03-04-2017

Thanks for your help, I'm really noob to this.

I've started to translate plugins and made some commits.

RE: Spanish Translation - apidev - 10-19-2017

Since there is a translation in Spanish of language menu to Español(España), it is advisable that it is to translate to the Spanish of Mexico or alone with that version, is more than enough.

RE: Spanish Translation - micheus - 10-19-2017

The translations are made for volunteers (users). I don't know about the difference about both, but I believe both are similar and should attend both people.
Anyway, if you speak the Mexican one and want to create a translation to this country there is a couple of instructions about that in this session. We appreciate any help. Smile

RE: Spanish Translation - apidev - 10-20-2017

if I speak Spanish and if I could start translating this software into Spanish from Mexico. for me it is an honor to help in something, it is a way to thank the work that is done for this free software, also for that more people will use in Mexico. I think they use more blender for almost everything. but wings have become a good model of 3D. although there are many things missing to add.

I will check everything to translate in these days, to start doing in my free time. Thanks