Wings 3D Development Forum
[false+] Unable to modify Materials properties - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [false+] Unable to modify Materials properties (/showthread.php?tid=2520)

[false+] Unable to modify Materials properties - orbiter - 05-13-2017

It has been a good long while since I have have a need to modify the basic properties of a material as I normally use a texture to get what I want. However when when I tried today, with a number of different materials, every time I got a crash dump. Wings was still running but I could not perform an edit.

I have looked at the crash dump and it just seems to list a whole host of file and line numbers. I can post it but it it is a big file and may be of very little use to most folk.

Is there a quick Fix !!!!!

RE: Unable to modify Materials properties - micheus - 05-13-2017

Hi orbiter

It seems to be related to the yafaray plugin. The yafaray plugin must be installed in v2.1.5. From where did you get it? (point us the link if possible)

Anyway, if you don't need to use it - until someone fix the problem you can disable it (menu Edit->Plug-in Manager->Render and uncheck wpc_yafaray).

That should enable you to change the material settings.

RE: Unable to modify Materials properties - orbiter - 05-14-2017

Many many thanks, that has done the trick nicely.
Re reading the crash dump Yafaray was all over it but I just saw diffuse, shadow, slider colour.
"None so blind as those that will not see", eh!

Can not remember installing it but will hunt around in downloads.

RE: Unable to modify Materials properties - micheus - 05-14-2017

Nice to know it helped you.
I asked about the link because you can find two "versions" of Yafaray plugin. The old one that used to come with Wings3D installer and maintained by oort and a new one (to support Yafaray v3) still in development by david.bluecame.

Are you using the latest version of Wings3D?

RE: Unable to modify Materials properties - oort - 05-15-2017

Micheus,
Doesn't Wings 2.1.5 come with your version of the YafaRay plugin already installed? I think that is the version that I am currently using in Wings 2.1.5. I am not having any crashes with that.

There is also an old version of the plugin that was created by povmaniac that would crash.

I have not used the David Bluecame version in a while but I don't think I had any crashes with that version but I am not sure. It has been a long time since I have used that one.

oort

RE: Unable to modify Materials properties - micheus - 05-15-2017

(05-15-2017, 02:18 PM)oort Wrote: Micheus,
Doesn't Wings 2.1.5 come with your version of the YafaRay plugin already installed? I think that is the version that I am currently using in Wings 2.1.5.
Yeah, my bad.
For some reason I thought it was not in current version.
Thanks for correcting me. Smile

RE: Unable to modify Materials properties - oort - 05-15-2017

I wasn't sure myself and that is what I use all the time... Smile

I would keep your version as part of the official Wings3D, since it still works perfectly for me... Smile It works with the latest version of YafaRay and also with older versions of YafaRay... even works with the David Bluecame build of "The Bounty".

Thanks,
oort

RE: Unable to modify Materials properties - orbiter - 05-16-2017

Will have to down load 2.1.5 again after moving models and removing all the old stuff!
Again thanks for the help.