Wings 3D Development Forum
[fixed] TAB key focus error - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [fixed] TAB key focus error (/showthread.php?tid=2535)

[fixed] TAB key focus error - Mr_Ekshin - 05-30-2017

I repeatedly have this crash. I need someone to repeat these steps and let me know if this issue is other than local to me.

1. Create standard cube.
2. Select a face.
3. Choose RMB | "Lift"
4. LMB select a hinge edge.
5. RMB to execute.
5. Move the mouse some, then decide that you would prefer numeric input. Use TAB key to bring up the "Numeric Input" window.
6. Move the mouse again, and say, "Oops, I bumped my mouse".
7. Numeric Input window loses focus. Moving mouse won't get back to it.
8. Try using TAB key again. Program reports error, and warns to restart. Sometimes errors and dumps 2 or 3x.

I originally had this happen after merging another model in, but more testing shows it happens with a new object creation and just trying to "Lift".

I can only use numeric input if I don't touch the mouse at all. If I want to cancel, I have to use "TAB" to get to the cancel button, because trying to use the mouse for the window buttons loses window focus.

I already installed the tab key fix, + two other fixes. Note that the last fix replaces "wings_wm.beam" a second time. I hope the order zip file -> then the other two is the way to go, in case the "wings_wm.beam" file is different in each patch.

Hmm... This problem exists for me for "move" also. Probably everything if I bump the mouse while trying to use numeric input.

Also, using RMB to cancel leaves the Numeric Input window orphaned. Then trying to close the window causes another crash dump.

So next, can anyone else confirm this issue?[/b]

RE: TAB key focus error - Hank - 05-30-2017

Hi Mr_Ekshin,

You can check TAB + scale uniform thread and see if updated file fix your issue.

BR, Hank

RE: TAB key focus error - micheus - 05-30-2017

I thinking I messed up the updates this week when I tried to be sure wings_wm.beam had the accumulative patches. I'm going to check it now.

Mr_Ekshin, please replace the files again.
I think the problem was the Erlang compile version. I was already using a new one, so I have do downgrade it.

RE: TAB key focus error - Mr_Ekshin - 05-30-2017

No one said if they repeated the error. May I assume this error is not just local?

TAB + Scale uniform appear similar only in ideology, but not error results, error cause (can't tell on my phone)... Did you try repeating my issue?

There were 3 updates I've recently applied. I should reinstall all three?

"wings_bm.beam" was mentioned only as an aside. It may not be the cause...

Ok, I'll reinstall all 3 patches. Smile

Yesterday​, I grouped them in only one thread: http://www.wings3d.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2534

Anyway, I'm going to try repeat your problem.

RE: TAB key focus error - Mr_Ekshin - 05-30-2017

1. I downloaded all files that were available on your Google drive link.
2. Backed-up the original files to be replaced.
3. Installed all patch files to their indicated locations.
4. Started wings and tested. The issue is fixed. Great work!

Since I installed all the patch files, I can't say which repaired the error. I can only say that having all patch files installed took care of it.

Should I change the name of this thread to indicate "fixed"? Smile

RE: TAB key focus error (FIXED) - Mr_Ekshin - 05-30-2017

Well, testing the issue by creating a new cube was fine.

But now I can't open my previous models.

So...

Ok, the crash dump is complaining about "wings_ff_wings.beam", so I restored my original, and I can get back to work.

I'm having trouble getting the dump file readable on my phone. I'll up it in a bit.

.txt   wings_crash_dump.txt (Size: 70.59 KB / Downloads: 1)

RE: TAB key focus error - micheus - 05-31-2017

(05-30-2017, 10:30 PM)Mr_Ekshin Wrote: Should I change the name of this thread to indicate "fixed"? Smile
I do that in accord with your feedback. Wink

(05-30-2017, 11:40 PM)Mr_Ekshin Wrote: Ok, the crash dump is complaining about "wings_ff_wings.beam", so I restored my original, and I can get back to work.
Sorry about that. But, thanks for inform.
It seems like the FixesImpUTF8.zip (which contains a path for wings_ff_wings.beam) has some problem too. (I didn't rebuild it yesterday, and if nobody else download it before the problem was latent)

You must apply all the other paths (with safety). Smile

RE: [fixed] TAB key focus error - Mr_Ekshin - 05-31-2017

The fault was mine. Your fixes didn't include "FixesInpUTF8.zip" in the list, but I downloaded and installed it simply because it was there.
This is why people have learned to keep sharp things out of my reach. Wink