Wings 3D Development Forum
Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting (/showthread.php?tid=2567)

Pages: 1 2

Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - micheus - 06-30-2017

Photobucket just updated their Terms of Service on Jun 28 and now all the images we used to host there to share here are broken.

There is no way to pay $399.99/year to get it back. Shocked

Looking for alternatives I found some ones:
1) PutImg.net - this is one I used to use in the past. My images from 2011 are still there; Smile
They delete images hosted for more than 90 days by not registered users only
Image size: registered users max: 2Mb - non registered users max: 1Mb

2) ImageVenue.com:
Image Types Allowed: jpeg, jpg
maximum file size: 3 Megs
unlimited storage hosting period
unlimited bandwidth
no registration required

3) Postimg.org (this one looks good too)

RE: Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - oort - 06-30-2017

Micheus,
When I saw this post I thought it meant that all the images that I link to in Photobucket would be gone. After checking I see my images are still showing in my posts. Is this a problem with images that are posted in the forum in a different way?

Thanks,
oort

RE: Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - micheus - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 09:23 PM)oort Wrote: Is this a problem with images that are posted in the forum in a different way?
I have no idea. I always used the button to get the link.
But, my ones gone from the forum. We can still see them by clicking on the Photobucket's images with the text "update your account..." - it still is there at Photobucket - they will not erase them (supposedly).

RE: Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - micheus - 06-30-2017

I found if I use the tumbnails link for my images we see its miniature at the forum, but by clicking on it there is no guaranty the image will be shown at Photobucket. Sometimes it's shown and others I saw "update your account..." image - it seems to be completely aleatory. Sad

So, I have to move on. Angry

RE: Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - oort - 06-30-2017

It may be random? The other day when I clicked on some of my images nothing would display. I had to turn off my popup blocker but then I saw so many popups it made me crazy... Sad Today I can view them without any problems. Very strange.

I hope you can find a new site. We may all have to switch...

Thanks,
oort

RE: Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - Hank - 07-02-2017

I just uploaded some random file and got no message about new policy - either no limiatation for total storage.
If the problem shows up in near future there shouldn't be any big lost. For screen capute or recording I advise to use ShareX: in native it has option to upload directly to below hosting parties:

Maybe we can start some discussion about pros and cons for used uploaders?

BR, Hank

RE: Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - micheus - 07-03-2017

(07-02-2017, 07:17 PM)Hank Wrote: I just uploaded some random file and got no message about new policy - either no limiatation for total storage.
Maybe you didn't linked as many images as me. Smile
Apparently I reach my "3rd part hosting usage" as you can see in the images in this post. I didn't know about that limitation.

I have 476 images upload (only 0.87% of the available capacity). Sharing no tumbnail images don't make people go to their site and see those lot of advertising (as oort said) - that should be the reason for the limitation.

I already downloaded my albums and I'm going to try migrate the last one and after delete it I hope the others images could become visible again. Smile

RE: Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - oort - 07-03-2017

For some strange reason I am not having the problems with the pop up adds anymore... Smile

oort

RE: Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - Hank - 07-07-2017

nice, now all my shared data from photobucket stoped working.

Let's check what others recomend...

RE: Photobucket - no more free 3rd part web hosting - Dimitri - 07-07-2017

Thanks for the new links Micheus. We have to try them.

Photobucket should keep, as a moral obligation, the images uploaded to this day at least. But anyway, the best solution is to find some new free hosts.