Wings 3D Development Forum
some thoughts v2.2.5 - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: some thoughts v2.2.5 (/showthread.php?tid=2883)

Pages: 1 2

some thoughts v2.2.5 - nigec - 01-04-2020

Three things I found that effect work flow are

1/ On Windows 10 the right click options run off the bottom of the model view, on the older Linux version 2.1.7 this doesn't happen.
For me I would right click on the model I'm working on and this often results in the options being off screen and I find my self forced to click higher, this is probably the thing that would make me give up on Wings sadly... we'll see Smile
[attachment=578]

2/ When you select an image to use as a AO, Roughness, metallic, or height, the warning dialog that its not a grey scale map is up in the top corner and easily missed resulting in the Wings appears to be unresponsive
[attachment=579]

3/ the mode select icons have to be clicked twice, first time to swap focus from the work area.. I think this is more a WX issue

Are any of the plugins modified to use PBR textures?

Wish list item would be a ply exporter, it would make a luxcore plugin a bit easier to develop

RE: some thoughts v2.2.5 - micheus - 01-04-2020

Quote:Are any of the plugins modified to use PBR textures?
can you be more specific?
If you are talking about export it you can use the glTF file format.

RE: some thoughts v2.2.5 - nigec - 01-04-2020

sorry my bad I thought kt supported some of the maps, ie roughness and displacement, I just realized KT never got displacement, I've not used it for a very long time, I went on to Thea which does have it... KT's materials do work in Thea

RE: some thoughts v2.2.5 - micheus - 01-06-2020

Quote:2/ When you select an image to use as a AO, Roughness, metallic, or height, the warning dialog that its not a grey scale map is up in the top corner and easily missed resulting in the Wings appears to be unresponsive
I didn't understand that.
For me (using Win7 and Win10), the warning dialog is shown always on top of main window and there is no way to missing it without clicking in its OK button.

Quote:3/ the mode select icons have to be clicked twice, first time to swap focus from the work area.. I think this is more a WX issue
Again, for me (using Win7 and Win10), I can't verify that.
Maybe you could record a short video showing that (or a gif - I use the ScreenToGif for that).

RE: some thoughts v2.2.5 - micheus - 01-07-2020

Quote:I don't have a photobucket account or anything like that so its hard to show pictures here
That is not mandatory, but sometimes it's the best way to show something. Also, the attachment option offers a very short space for each user. I've been using https://postimg.cc/ nowadays.

I understood the dialog would to appears near to the Outliner window, but missing the dialog would means it was just going away somehow - and that should not to happen.
That is a behaviour to be discussed, but not a BUG. That is why I have to ask for more information - we are looking for bugs in this session. Wink

and yes, I noticed the last options of the menu are hidden behind of the task bar, as well as the cut situation happen for when we re-show the menu clicking the RMB without closing the previous shown menu - something to be fixed.

RE: some thoughts v2.2.5 - nigec - 01-07-2020

I'm a beta tester for Thea and we kinda push bugs and inconsistencies at the same time/place... its another habit

I'll wait for the next release and give it a try Smile

I'll look at postimg when I have something to show, I'm no longer importing it'll be all Wings modelled now Wink

RE: some thoughts v2.2.5 - micheus - 01-08-2020

Quote:I'm a beta tester for Thea and we kinda push bugs and inconsistencies at the same time/place... its another habit
Ok.
I'm starting to split these reports so we get thing organized for us. Too many things in the same thread will result in information to check be lost.

We prefer:
- One thread by issue/"bug";
- You don't need to reference the version on the title since we will always referencing the latest version in this session (Wings 3D / Bug Reports / Wings3D v2.2.* - bug reports) - that save space for the subject description;
- Give us some steps to reproduce the problem and/or use a image when that can provide us a better understanding of the problem, because sometimes we just cannot imagine what is happening or how to reproduce the problem;

Quote:I was a Truespace user for 12 year and a Sketchup user for the last 10 so "right click./menu" is now automatic.. like "s" key is Scale in Sketchup....
You must have noticed that is different in W3D. On it the RMB has a specific function when you select a menu item. Wink

Thanks for the reports

RE: some thoughts v2.2.5 - nigec - 01-08-2020

Quote:ou must have noticed that is different in W3D. On it the RMB has a specific function when you select a menu item

pressing the "S" key to scale (sketchup) is the one that catches me out every time, its probably the one that I need to change, accidently subdividing isn't good!, other than that I typically use the right click menus in SU so its not to bad

Noted and I'm looking forward to the next update Smile

RE: some thoughts v2.2.5 - micheus - 01-08-2020

We still need to clarify the item 3 you reported in the first post...

It looks like most of these UI issues are related to the wxwidgets upgrade. Dan has upgraded the version we used in relation to the previous W3D version.

RE: some thoughts v2.2.5 - nigec - 01-08-2020

Yes sorry, item 3...
It was a hardware issue, it was either the mouse (which seems ok on the Linux laptop) keyboard or our joypad.. one of them was sending a key/button press signal.. we noticed a delay typing
Since changing the keyboard and mouse all seems fine, we unplugged the pad.
I wasn't sure if it was solved until yesterday