Wings 3D Development Forum
Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Interface & Usage (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render (/showthread.php?tid=2928)

Pages: 1 2

Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - qewer3322 - 05-09-2020

Hey! I'm fairly new to Wings3D and I want to render some stuff but when I click Render on the File tab, nothing shows up or nothing happens. Can somebody help?

RE: Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - micheus - 05-10-2020

Wings3D cones with the yafaray plugin, but we need to install the program and setup it on Edit->Plugins preferences.
Take a look on this thread and see if it help you:
http://www.wings3d.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=64

RE: Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - qewer3322 - 05-10-2020

I don't know what I should do after I click YafaRay on Plugin preferences. I checked some more threads but none of them mentions what to do.

It looks like you still have the default settings in the preferences. You need to update them with valid values.

From that post I linked:
"To configure the Wings3D YafaRay plug-in, you simply Edit > Plug-in Preferences > YafaRay > Browse to the Executable ("C:\YafaRay\bin" folder).

Depending on the version of YafaRay you are using, you may need to add "-pp C:\YafaRay\bin\plugins", without " ", so that YafaRay can find the YafaRay plugin folder. Your path may vary..."

You need to tell where Wings3D will find the yafaray by browsing it until the place you installed yafaray in your hard drive.

Whe you do that, the Render->Yafaray will wor fine.

Thanks! I finally did it. But I have another question. Is there any tutorials on getting good rendering settings because it is giving me low res results. I played with setting a little but couldn't find why.
Thanks again!
Edit: I played with the settings more and got better result but colors don't show in the rendered image. Also I would be happy if you can give me tips about this!

RE: Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - oort - 05-10-2020

I have not had time to test out Yafaray in the latest version of Wings3D. There are example files that you can download on my website. I assume that they will give good results in the latest version of Wings3D. You can look at the settings used in the example files to learn about material and other settings needed to get a good render.
Wings3D YafaRay example files

oort

Thanks for helping. I've looked at some stuff on your site and I think I need to look at material setting. How can I access material settings? Added a photo of one of my current renders.

RE: Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - oort - 05-10-2020

You can create a new material with RMB (Right mouse button) > Material > Name the material > Ok. After that you will see a window with two tabs. One for Wings3D material settings and one for YafaRay material settings. Existing materials will show up in the Outliner window. To edit them, select the material in the Outliner window > RMB > Edit Material.

oort

Thanks! The renders are looking much better now. But I have one last question, how can I assign a material to an object? All of the objects are on the default material now, I want to make couple of objects materials different from the default one. How can I do that?

qewer3322, a question just to help us about how to give you some informations: How big is you knowledgment about any 3D app and Yafaray you choose as your render?

Anyway, just in case, completing what oort said to you:
- The Material command option will be available when you have faces selected. So, you must first choose the faces you want to apply a material and then invoke the context menu (it works that way for everything on Wings3D);
- Outliner window should be invoked at the first time via main menu Window->Outliner;
- In case you want to add details to your object and not only a plan material you will need to UV map your object. In this case, I recommend you to watch some videos to get the basic about how to do that in Wings3D;

oort is the yafaray master here in this forum, so you can find some extra informations checking some of his posts about it like this one:
YafaRay Renders. You can share from your Google drive (if you have an Google accout) - Google Drive - Image support added

p.s. I recommend you to use an image hoster to share your images because the space assigned to each user here in the forum is very small (300KB).