Wings 3D Development Forum
Wings 2.2.6 - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Wings 2.2.6 (/showthread.php?tid=2937)

Pages: 1 2 3

Wings 2.2.6 - dgud - 05-16-2020

Made a new bugfix release.

Added support for laptop-touchpad and we have fixed a couple bugs.

--- 2.2.6 --------------------------------------------

- Error exporting .eps/.svg files using diacritical marks. Thanks Hank [micheus]

- The JSCAD plugin was rewritten to offer more flexibility. Thanks to the
user gilboonet for his help. [micheus]

- Added the Tessellation option to the jscad exporter. [micheus]

- Improved Collada (.dae) import, thanks 'nigec' for good/small
failing example files. [dgud]

- Added the toggle background option to the AutoUV window. [micheus]

- Context menu on Geometry can get options hidden. Thanks to nigec. [micheus]

- Binding a hotkey used by main menu was not removing it. Thanks yschaeff [micheus]

- Enable horizontal scroll to rotate view, improves laptop usage
without mouse. Can be used with options see:
"Preferences/Camera/Wheel Pans and Rotates"
and it's options. [dgud]

- Fixed marquee selection drawing on linux on undocked windows. [dgud]

- Fixed translation issues with "Edit Area Light" in body menu. [dgud]

- Improved TTF text rendering;
- Better error reports for non supported formats
- Fixed crash when rendering space character for some fonts
- Improved font family name handling, so that more (correct) fonts will be found. [dgud]

- Added "/System/Library/Fonts/" to font search path on
Mac. Thanks Tkbd. [dgud]

- Fixed the screenshot command which was only capturing the main
geometry window and cutting it on top. [micheus]

- The right message used to show extra information to the user actions
was missing with the previous message kept static. Thanks to Sevendy3 [micheus]

- Hexagon in texture shader was broken. Thanks to tkbd [micheus]

- Bad timing could cause the close button to hang forever. [dgud]

RE: Wings 2.2.6 - micheus - 05-16-2020

Thanks for this most waited update.

In my opinion, we had two critical bugs in the previous one which were a real problem for our daily use: the close window issue and the missing information line (right side).

RE: Wings 2.2.6 - sandman - 05-16-2020

Excellent work.

RE: Wings 2.2.6 - oort - 05-17-2020

Thanks for the new release. I am happy to report that the bug with exiting Wings3d has been fixed for me as well in the new release.

oort

RE: Wings 2.2.6 - tkbd - 05-17-2020

Thank you for new release of v2.2.6!
I favorite the version. Biggrin

RE: Wings 2.2.6 - tulioroberto - 05-18-2020

Awesome!!!
Thank's!

RE: Wings 2.2.6 - kenmo - 05-30-2020

Awesome. Downloading now. Many thanks for the update.

RE: Wings 2.2.6 - kenmo - 06-02-2020

Since downloading I've fired up Wings3D quite a few times and I must admit, I am enjoying the Wings3D experience very much...

RE: Wings 2.2.6 - Stephan Vogt - 01-30-2021

I have been using Wings3d since version 0.9x and find that the newest version is the best ever. Seems the laggyness with high poly models (500k) is not apparent anymore.
I used it in the past to make low poly models for online VR chat worlds and used the rwx exporter exclusively.
I suggest you remove it in newer version as it has been broken since about version 1.5.x at the time real holes were added. Seems the converter cannot deal with that and breaks.
To me the non-static selection process is still annoying, I preferred when you could just select a mode like in Blender and only working on edges and not have it decide to select faces or whatever. Or it is possible I can't figure out in the settings on how to stop it from doing it.

Lately I have been using it to modify high poly models for use in Unity3D and so I find that the lack of FBX import is sadly missed. I read the article as to why it is removed, but the standalone Autodesk 2013 converter is already outdated. FBX seems to be more often the format of choice on Turbosquid and in game asset stores. I convert from FBX to obj for Wings3D import, there was a reason not to use collada, I can't remember now why. The 2013 FBX converter in a few cases destroys the UVs on converted models so now I use Blender 2.79 or later versions. I prefer Wings over Blender for specific things because it is simply much faster to do certain things that take more clicks in Blender (despite Blender having 100's of hotkeys).

RE: Wings 2.2.6 - oort - 01-30-2021

Stephan,

Quote:To me the non-static selection process is still annoying, I preferred when you could just select a mode like in Blender and only working on edges and not have it decide to select faces or whatever. Or it is possible I can't figure out in the settings on how to stop it from doing it.

You may be looking for the option under Edit > Preferences > General Tab > Highlighting > Conditional Deselection (uncheck box for old method).

oort