Wings 3D Development Forum
Italian translation - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Documentation Project (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Italian translation (/showthread.php?tid=3129)

Italian translation - Drakan1955 - 09-14-2023

Good morning everyone,
I'm fairly new to using Wings 3D and definitely have a lot to learn. To better understand how the software works, I decided to complete and improve the Italian translation of the program, soon realizing that there were notable differences in the arrangement of the lines between the main file in English and the one in Italian, so I started almost from the beginning and now the files in English and those in Italian are mirrored
Now the first draft is complete even if it is a work in continuous evolution because as I understand the various functions well (and there are many), I improve the translation of the terms and related descriptions.
Naturally I expect reports of errors and clarifications, which are always welcome, especially if accompanied by the correct translation of the incorrect term.
I will not stop refining and improving the files, periodically releasing new translations when the number of corrections becomes significant.
As for the current version, you can download it from here:
Just unzip the file in the main Wings 3D folder and allow overwriting to have all the translation files in place.
Finally, some advice for those who want to translate or correct the translation of files, which I would like to add to the very precious ones found here.

1 - Let's remember that the translation files are written in a programming language that has its own rules and reserved special characters, so I used an editor (Notepad++) that highlights the strings in a different color, in order to understand what can be changed with safety.
2 - Test the translation regularly: it is easier to look for an error in groups of a few lines than in groups of hundreds.
3 - Before testing a new translation block, make a backup copy of the last known working file.
4 - Pay particular attention to terms such as ~p or ~s~s that are interspersed with strings: an extra space is enough to create problems.
5 - Google translator sometimes transforms double quotes (") into single quotes ('), which is absolutely not allowed, so by copying and pasting avoid the quotes at the beginning and end of the string. If this happens, restore the quotes manually.

An error with the quotation marks or, in general, an involuntary modification to the Erlang code causes the non-application of all the translation contained in the file (even thousands of lines) and the program seem to revert to English (Putting your head against the wall, like I did it, it doesn't solve the problem).

There are still untranslated parts, such as the properties of the Torus Knot for which there are no voices to translate or many plugins that do not have .lang files.

I hope that my translation will encourage more people to approach this software with infinite capabilities.

RE: Italian translation - micheus - 09-14-2023

Thanks Drakan1955 for this valuable work.

(09-14-2023, 09:53 AM)Drakan1955 Wrote: There are still untranslated parts, such as the properties of the Torus Knot for which there are no voices to translate or many plugins that do not have .lang files.
I'm going to check this. Thanks for report.

p.s. I'm moving your thread to the Documentation Project section where we already have other discussions on the subject.

RE: Italian translation - Drakan1955 - 10-21-2023

Attention, the translation of the main program does not work for version 1.3: as soon as you select any face an error is reported. I'm working on producing a version of the translation that is compatible with and includes the translation of the new Oblong primitive.

If in the meantime someone wants to correct the error themselves, just edit the wings_it.lang file (with caution, please) and replace the line 1394:

{1,". Punto medio ~s\nMateriale ~ts."},

with this:

{1,". Punto medio ~s\nMateriale ~ts. ~s"},

Probably tomorrow I will give you the link to all the files (in the meantime I made some corrections).

Please let me know any other errors caused by the translation that I may have missed.

A presto

RE: Italian translation - micheus - 10-21-2023

Thanks for let us know about.

RE: Italian translation - Drakan1955 - 10-22-2023

As promised, here are attached the updated files for the Italian translation which can also be downloaded from here:

2.2.9 v1.1
2.3 v1.0

See you soon