Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay Summer Contest - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: YafaRay Summer Contest (/showthread.php?tid=327)

YafaRay Summer Contest - oort - 05-31-2013

The YafaRay team is planning a YafaRay image rendering contest. Wings3D YafaRay renders are welcome. See the following link for details. I hope some will enter and show off Wings3D.

YafaRay Summer Contest

oort

RE: YafaRay Summer Contest - oort - 07-03-2013

The summer contest has started... YafaRay summer contest

The subject is Vanguardist Architecture. Please join in. I hope to find time...

oort

RE: YafaRay Summer Contest - Dimitri - 07-04-2013

Oort hello... I know here is not the most proper place to ask about it but I need some step by step instructions for making the latest Yafaray version work with Wings. Maybe already there is such a thread somewhere in the forums here but I do not know where is it.

Today, I did implement your related plugin to Wings but I do not know what to do next... so, some help will be very precious. Thanks...

RE: YafaRay Summer Contest - micheus - 07-04-2013

Dimitri, I will just drive you to these threads:
- YafaRay Rendering Software (lot of informations about install and workarounds)
- YafaRay Plug-in (main oort's plugin thread)
- YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list (new plugin updates by povmaniac focused on yafaray 0.1.5) - help us to test it. Smile

RE: YafaRay Summer Contest - oort - 07-05-2013

Dimitri,
Hopefully I can find time next week to post some example scenes on my website. If there are specific features you are looking for help with I can start by adding those first.

You will have to use the plug-in on my website in order to use those example files at this time. I hope to figure out why the settings are being lost in povmaniac's version of the plug-in.

What is your area of confusion? If I know your problems I can use that info to help me create a simple getting started document.

oort

RE: YafaRay Summer Contest - Dimitri - 07-05-2013

Micheus thanks for the links...

Oort, I just want to learn if there is a stand alone version of Yafaray that is needed to be installed in pc, so that it may work with Wings. In the case of the old Yafray there was such a need. As you know Yafaray's Blender plugin version is distributed in Graphicall.org site. So, apart from your plugin, what other file is needed to be downloaded and installed?

RE: YafaRay Summer Contest - micheus - 07-06-2013

(07-05-2013, 09:11 PM)Dimitri Wrote: Oort, ... , apart from your plugin, what other file is needed to be downloaded and installed?
You will need to download and install the yafaray program.
In the first link I post before you will find the main link (that you already know) and in the last post you will find the povmaniac's release of version 0.1.5 (32bits).
The folder tree packed is different for both, but after you unpack it on your system you will need to point to the fold where you find the yafaray-xml.exe file.

Just commenting: for the version that you download from Graphicall.org the only important folder is bin (everything else is used by Blender only).

If you get some error related to Windows register, you will also find some information about that in the first link in my previous post (the main one is in the 2nd post in that thread).

p.s. just trying a fast help, since oort say that has been busy these days. Smile

RE: YafaRay Summer Contest - povmaniac - 07-06-2013

micheus Wrote:- YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list (new plugin updates by povmaniac focused on yafaray 0.1.5) - help us to test it.

Update this post for add links to last YafaRay binaries and exporter build:
http://www.wings3d.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=331

RE: YafaRay Summer Contest - Dimitri - 07-06-2013

I am trying to render with the latest Yafaray version downloaded from Graphicall.org (the 32 bit version, although my pc can work with the 64 bit version too -I did prefer the first one for matters of a better possible compatibility with Wings) but I get a 'render error' message, after the opening of the render console and its information unfolding.

The plugin is installed properly, Yafaray's location too (the yafaray.xml.exe file, inside the 'bin' directory) but there is no any result. The version of Wings I am using is the latest official release. Any thoughts?

RE: YafaRay Summer Contest - oort - 07-06-2013

Dimitri,
Under Edit > Plugin Preferences there is some help. Click the ?. You may need to set the plugin folder path.

You may need to edit your path settings for your computer. Most of this information is also in the first post of this thread... YafaRay Rendering Software. I assume you have installed YafaRay 0.1.5. It may be that you need to edit your registry if it still doesn't work after adding YafaRay to your computers path settings. Read the whole thread I just mentioned since others have had to do that and show how to do it. I did not have to edit my registry but I have had YafaRay for so long mine may have been setup by an older YafaRay installer.

I have to have YafaRay installed in a folder named YafaRay (C:\YafaRay) but that may just be me... Smile

If you want to play with SSS you will need to install YafaRay 0.1.3 Experimental.

What is the error you are seeing in the console? That may help to figure out your problem...

I will not be able to respond for the rest of the day... Sad

Don't give up... Smile
oort