Wings 3D Development Forum
Can't Compile - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Can't Compile (/showthread.php?tid=330)

Pages: 1 2

Can't Compile - Ryan - 06-04-2013

Hi, this is my first post here.

I've used Wings3d before and I know it's a great app. It looks like a lot has changed now and I really want to try it.

I'm on an Archlinux 64 bit system:

erlang R16B-3
erlang-cl 1.0-3
erlang-sdl 1.2-7

Wings3d in the repository is stuck at 1.4.1-7

I have tried compiling Wings and also different cl and esdl but I always get get this:

wings_body.erl:56: syntax error before: '.'
wings_body.erl:15: function menu/3 undefined
wings_body.erl:98: function rename_fun/0 is unused
wings_body.erl:105: function flip_fun/1 is unused
wings_body.erl:124: function mode_dependent/1 is unused
wings_body.erl:140: function vertex_color_item/1 is unused
wings_body.erl:145: function arealight_conv/2 is unused

How can I get this working?

RE: Can't Compile - Ryan - 06-04-2013

One compile has worked. The trouble is that it's version 1.3.0.1.366.ga105f.

I want to try more recent version. First problem still applies to 1.5.

RE: Can't Compile - dgud - 06-04-2013

See:
http://wings3d.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=325

RE: Can't Compile - Ryan - 06-04-2013

I've seen that thread and actually gone through your suggestion there which resulted in what I got in my first thread here. However, looking at it now it seems that the very latest versions may not be hugely different from 1.4.1 anyway. I may try again to compile the latest to confirm. Maybe I didn't do things in the right order.

Also, it amazes me that more people don't use this app. It's very easy and great workflow so the work to keep this app is really appreciated. I've not been doing much modelling but intend to do so now.

Archlinux repo says Wings is 1.4.1 yet if I start it from command or look in "about Wings 3D" it says wings-1.2.x.y.WINGS.

RE: Can't Compile - oort - 06-04-2013

Ryan,
Glad you like Wings3D so much. Please spread the word... Smile

True that there are not a lot of new features in the snapshot release but some very neat ones are there. You can see a preview of Primitives before hitting "ok".

No big deal but you can now set the units used when exporting to Collada format. I think there are a couple more but can't remember right now... Sad

dgud,
Do you plan to do another snapshot release soon so that we can get the bugfixes and access to Micheus's new Image Plane features????

Thanks,
oort

RE: Can't Compile - micheus - 06-04-2013

(06-04-2013, 10:28 AM)Ryan Wrote: I've seen that thread and actually gone through your suggestion there which resulted in what I got in my first thread here.
Ryan, did you used this steps in this dgud's post?
That's important because you will be using the latest version of the source codes.

Quote:However, looking at it now it seems that the very latest versions may not be hugely different from 1.4.1 anyway.
There were some bug fixes for 1.4.1.

Quote:Archlinux repo says Wings is 1.4.1 yet if I start it from command or look in "about Wings 3D" it says wings-1.2.x.y.WINGS.
Did you get your sources from git repository? (by using git clone as suggested by dgud in that link).
The wings-1.2.x.y.WINGS will be the value assigned to $WINGS_VSN variable in vsn.mk file (at wings source root) if none information be find about the version. It will look at git repository for get it - take a look ate the WINGS-VERSION-GEN script file.
So, it seems that you program is really the 1.4.1 version, but the information about it will be always the wrong one.

RE: Can't Compile - dgud - 06-05-2013

(06-04-2013, 02:41 PM)oort Wrote: dgud,
Do you plan to do another snapshot release soon so that we can get the bugfixes and access to Micheus's new Image Plane features????

Thanks,
oort

Everything is included in the 64b snapshot..
Waiting on Björn (to test mac) to make a new release...

RE: Can't Compile - oort - 06-05-2013

Can't wait to see the new release. I am still running 32bit and can't justify buying a new PC.... Sad

Thanks,
oort

RE: Can't Compile - Ryan - 06-07-2013

Hi micheus.

Yes, I used git clone and I at least attempted to do it the way dgud suggested but maybe I did something wrong. At present I'm playing around in Wings but I'll eventually move forward to trying to compile the latest version again. It's awesome and I can't believe so many people haven't realised this yet. The selection process alone means you can do stuff that is simply way to difficult in other apps.

The version I am currently using it just the one from Arch repository. It seems it's actually 1.4.1. because the features conform to things listed in the change notes for that version.

(06-05-2013, 03:29 PM)oort Wrote: Can't wait to see the new release. I am still running 32bit and can't justify buying a new PC.... Sad

Thanks,
oort

I can't really remember what Wings was like last time I tried it which would have been on a 32 bit system. I can say that I've had over a million polys and still editable i.e. applying tools to hundreds of thousands of polys.

RE: Can't Compile - micheus - 06-07-2013

Maybe something you need to do in order to get the right information about the version from git (I'm not sure - it has a long time since I fixed this issue on my environment): Generating SSH Keys (I have one key for each system/PC I'm using)