Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 10-13-2013

Neo22:
If the exporter does not appear in the list of plugins, it can be because it is a version for 32 bits.
I am going to try to obtain the binary ones for x64.
oort:
The last versions of YafaRay to install, are the 0.1.1 and 0.1.2 beta2. From 0.1.2 be released, they are distributed in compressed files (zip, bz2 or gz ..). How you know, lately the development of YafaRay has been faced towards Blender and, the version stand-alone and the xml loader has been little developed. I have always tried to change this and, to support the standalone version as way to come to other programs that cannot use the API of YafaRay.
PD. It is possible that the version standalone, he even looks for the key of the winreg if he does not find the variable '-pp' in the commands line. But the priority of use is the value of -pp.

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - dgud - 10-13-2013

Yeah you can't install plugins via the menu on win7 if you have installed Wings to the default directory.
You will need admin rights for that and we can not fix that currently.
Either install wings in c:/myprogs/ or install the plugins manually.

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-13-2013

povmaniac,
Just to be sure you understand I am not complaining or criticizing your work. You get all my thanks and praise for all your good and hard work... Smile

It could be that the only reason Micheus was having troubles was because he was trying to get 0.1.3 Experimental to work. See post #32 thru #36 in the following thread... Editing registry for YafaRay.

Micheus could you please test with the YafaRay 0.1.5 SSS build to see if the registry needs to be edited in order for YafaRay to work.

Thanks,
oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Neon22 - 10-13-2013

Hey dgud,
I do have Wings3D installed in the default location. I have manually added the YafaRay.beam file to the import_export foldler under plugins.
But it doesn't appear on any menus. My Wings is 1.5RC.
Is there anything else to do when 'installing' a beam file ?
There doesn't seem to be a magic number at head of beam files to identify them...

--------later-------
OK it must be the mlab version.
If I drop the beam file into that folder on a regular 1.5 like Wings 3D (x64) 1.5.pre1.78.gdd6c then it shows up on the menus.

So now I have that plugin working it looks like the registry again.
Building it by hand isn't working so well for me Sad I'm typing something wrong

--------later-------
OK its because I have a 64 bit OS. so I needed to add the registry key into a weird looking WOW6432 key which is where the keys live when mixing 32 bit s/w on my machine.

So on the positive side - a render occurred. YAY!!!
On the negative side it said "No image rendered" Sad

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Neon22 - 10-13-2013

Oh wow - an image Yay !!

Summary:
  1. You have to have the right .beam file for your Wings3D version. Install it by dropping the beam file into the plugins/import_export folder inside Wings3D.
    • If the YafaRay entry does not appear in File/Render then you've got the wrong beam file.
    • Also make sure its YafaRay and not YafRay! (YafRay is older and deprecated.)
  2. You can install the cut down version of Yafaray (typically 5MB instead of the full blender distro of 13MB). Install by unzipping.
  3. Disable Yafray and enable YafaRay in Edit/Plug-in Manager/Render tab
  4. In Edit/Plug-in Preferences/YafaRay:
    • select the location of yafaray-xml.exe using the Browse button.
    • add the following to the options menu (Alas you can't paste into the dialog Sad)
      -vl 0 -dp -pp c:/xxx/plugins
      where xxx is the directory location from the line above
      This disables verbose, tags your image, and tells YafaRay where the plugins are.

5. You need to add an entry to the registry telling the system where YafaRay is:
    • Run regedit from start menu
    • Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE
    • Add the Keys: "YafaRay Team"/"YafaRay" and a string "InstallDir" as shown here:

• If you have a 64 bit machine you need to add the same entries again in the WOW6432Node - where you will see other 32 bit s/w you have installed.

• Note that I have used the unzipped YafaRay folder name in full. Most people will rename the folder to "yafaray" and put the latest version in there as its released.
      I.e. C:\yafaray

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-14-2013

Neon22,
Very glad you were able to get it working. Thanks for posting the information on getting it to work. That should help others new to YafaRay.

oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 10-14-2013

I commited last code remaining in my local repo.
This part are break..
Lights:
- only 'spot' and 'point' light work.
- you can add 'area' light but not edit. Show 'Plugin(s) left garbage' message error.
- same for other light types (infinite, ambient).
Background:
- this part of code is WIP and not work atm ( black color background)
..and more.Smile
I need more time for review this code.. and create new wpc_yafaray.beam file.
If you can create a build of exporter o review any code, is welcome!!
For see commits data..
https://github.com/povmaniaco/wings/commits/yafaray_exp

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-14-2013

povmaniac,
If you added or removed items from the area, infinite, and ambient lights that may cause the problem you have. Maybe check the "split_list" code??? If you removed one item from infinite light then 21 would change to 20. It has been so long since I edited code it may be something else???

oort

Quote:%% Point
light_result([{?KEY(type),pointlight}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 4);
light_result([{?KEY(type),spherelight}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 4);
%% Spot
light_result([{?KEY(type),spotlight}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 8 );
light_result([{?KEY(type),spot_ies}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 8 );
%% Infinite
light_result([{?KEY(type),sunlight}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 21);
light_result([{?KEY(type),directional}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 21);
light_result([_,{?KEY(background),_}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 21);
%% Area
light_result([_,{?KEY(arealight_samples),_}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 2);
%% Ambient
light_result([{?KEY(type),hemilight}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 24);
light_result([{?KEY(type),pathlight}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 24);
light_result([{?KEY(type),globalphotonlight}|_]=Ps) ->
split_list(Ps, 24);
light_result(Ps) ->

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 10-14-2013

Thanks oort. I review it.
Btw, this code is changed in the last commit. See you.
Greetings..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 10-15-2013

Finally I managed to fix the error in Area Light and other lights. Except ' Ambient ' that will be integrated shortly, when it finishes the design of the UI for Background.
Also the code for SSS has been added to the options of the integradore that support it. If you select Bidirectional or SPPM, SSS will not be available.
Please. use this option only if there are materials SubSurface Scattering in his scene.
I have fixed a notice in the interface to remind this to him.
Greetings..
[Image: fix_area.jpg]

The commit..
https://github.com/povmaniaco/wings/commits/yafaray_exp