Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 10-18-2013

oort:
I have a small problem... atm in my exporter, background modes are break. Only sunsky is activated by default.
I fixed the light issues, but not 'background' modes Smile
I hope working around this issue this weekend.

..for all:
I want to invite all the users of Wings3D to the channel IRC of YafaRay in the network freenode #yafaray
Greetings..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-18-2013

povmaniac,
No problem. Can you confirm that Path Tracing is not working in the plugin file that is linked to at the start of this thread? Or is something strange going on with my Wings3D???

I will be away from my PC for most of the day today.

oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 10-18-2013

oort: yes, in this build Patracing not work.

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Neon22 - 10-19-2013

Here's an image from prev build. Unfortunately cannot save to exr without render error. so have clamped rgb's and save as png.
Unfortunately - even with 900 Million photons - the DOF won't resolve out of fuzzyness Sad
I can't enter a higher value.

Lens and AA:
Aperture 0.15 Focussed on caustic highlight,
AA3 samples 2, pixel width2.0, Addtnl samples 5, AA threshold 0.001
Direct lighting: 900 Million photons, Mix 200, depth 20, radius 0.5
Little bit of diffusion for rainbow light scattering

Oh yeah and the times are not right. Takes longer. Not sure when its starts counting from but its not from when you hit Render.

Very nice though... Thanks guys for your efforts. Biggrin

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 10-20-2013

I just updated my git brach of yafaray for build it here - all fine. Also, I installed the SSS version referenced and was good to know about the "-pp" command line option - no more register to edit. Thanks!

But, I would like to make two suggestions ref. to Plugin Options dialog:
- as the plugins folder is always under the path of yafaray-xml.exe file, why not build the path automatically when building the command line?
- I believe that the "-db" option would be in better place if it was in the Render Options dialog.

I noticed that it always generate a .png file as output, as POV-Ray used to do too. I noticed at the documentation that it would export to .BMP, .PNG and .EXR (maybe .tga?).
So, as I just implemented the option for choose the output file format, I can do that to yafaray too - if you want.

/Micheus

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Neon22 - 10-20-2013

(10-20-2013, 01:14 AM)micheus Wrote: ... was good to know about the "-pp" command line option - no more register to edit. Thanks
Alas if using Win7 64bit the -pp option does not work and you must have registry setting.

(10-20-2013, 01:14 AM)micheus Wrote: I noticed that it always generate a .png file as output, as POV-Ray used to do too. I noticed at the documentation that it would export to .BMP, .PNG and .EXR (maybe .tga?).
So, as I just implemented the option for choose the output file format, I can do that to yafaray too - if you want.
/Micheus
I get tga as my default until I changed it in the YafaRay render dialog. Personally I prefer png or exr.
Do you not see this option in your dialog ?

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-20-2013

Neon22,
Nice render. I think to clean up fuzziness you need to play with your AA settings. I do not think the number of photons makes any difference with DOF. I may be wrong since I have only played with DOF very very little. It takes a lot of AA passes to clear up the fuzziness if I remember right.

Exporting to .exr worked in the past so it may be an issue with YafaRay 0.1.5. You could use .hdr till .exr gets fixed.

I think that render time does not include the time it takes to export the scene. I have never timed it but maybe start timing after the *** start appearing.

Micheus,
I thought you knew about -pp already. Interesting that -pp works for 32bit but not for 64bit.

Making -db an option in the render options dialog is a good idea. It could go at the top with other pre-rendering settings.

The ability to choose output format (tga, bmp, png, etc) has been there from the beginning.

oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 10-20-2013

(10-20-2013, 02:58 AM)Neon22 Wrote: Alas if using Win7 64bit the -pp option does not work and you must have registry setting.
Not in my Windows 7 Pro 64bits. (tested in two machines)

Neon22 Wrote:Do you not see this option in your dialog ?
yeah, but - again - I think that the right place should be in the Render dialog. Using the dropdown box "Type" for choose the file type. We don't need to open the Render Option all the time we want just the output file format. That option exists for that - I believe. Wink

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 10-21-2013

I do not understand him. The only system to create an image is across a render and, I believe that it is there, the best place to define the parameters of this image, type, format, etc...
Where do you think that these parameters should be?

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-21-2013

Maybe Micheus means in the dialog window where you specify the file name???

My only questions with that method are...

1) Would Wings3D remember to use the same file type the next time you render? As it is now this is saved to your preferences so that you do not have to specify a file type every time you render.

2)How would you handle .exr which has additional settings (float, zbuf, compression)?

oort