Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 10-24-2013

There is something that bother me a lot when I use POV-Ray and now I saw that the same thing happens here: DOF (distance) being set on Render option (POV neither has it - the exported file need be tweaked - something I need to fix Smile)

Anyway, for any case, don't you think the best place for this information should be in the View->Camera Settings?
Don't we need to consider that we can set (save) different views with possible different DOF?
Again, for any case, is very difficult to measure this information with precision. It would be good if we had a way to do that in the viewport - like we have for Spot light->Position highlight - that is complicated because wings doesn't shows the "camera object" in the viewport.

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 10-24-2013

(10-24-2013, 04:49 AM)micheus Wrote: There is something that bother me a lot when I use POV-Ray and now I saw that the same thing happens here: DOF (distance) being set on Render option (POV neither has it - the exported file need be tweaked - something I need to fix Smile)

Anyway, for any case, don't you think the best place for this information should be in the View->Camera Settings?
Don't we need to consider that we can set (save) different views with possible different DOF?
Again, for any case, is very difficult to measure this information with precision. It would be good if we had a way to do that in the viewport - like we have for Spot light->Position highlight - that is complicated because wings doesn't shows the "camera object" in the viewport.

Interesting question..
I see that no exporter has included options personalized in the menu View / Camera Options.
Then, I do not see as it is possible to do it and my Erlang is not very advanced.
Please, make me know his advances with PovRay and perhaps we might incorporate these options to (¿thebounty? / yafaray) project.
Greetings..
Edit:
Btw.. You can use this info from:
wpa:camera_info([pos_dir_up, fov, azimuth, elevation, tracking, distance_to_aim])

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 10-24-2013

(10-24-2013, 06:02 AM)povmaniac Wrote: Edit:
Btw.. You can use this info from:
wpa:camera_info([pos_dir_up, fov, azimuth, elevation, tracking, distance_to_aim])
thanks. Smile
Now you pointed it, I noticed that Kerkythea is already using it for that. Blush

We have a very strange way to set the DOF for use with renders, but it certainly works. We need first set the Aim, after we can set the camera location and then we save the view (if we set the Aim at the end we'll move the camera).

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Neon22 - 10-24-2013

FWIW I just orient the camera how I want - then edit the Camera hither-plane distance to find the distance to the focal point of the scene. (Then set it back to 0.1 of course before rendering)

IWBNI there was a settable camera object in Wings3D but at the same time - its a modelling package not an animation system Smile

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-24-2013

povmaniac,
Thanks for fixing the banner info for number of photons. It is great to have someone fixing bugs in the software formerly known as YafaRay... Smile . Tested and working perfectly.

When I was playing with DOF I got best results using "triangle" for the type.

Micheus probably has it all figured out by now... Under the YafaRay render settings maybe have a check box to enable using Wings3D camera settings for DOF Distance, etc.???

Having a physical camera that has to be moved, like in Blender, always made me crazy... Sad As Neon22 pointed out, it is important for animation software but not for modeling software.

Edit: Updated DOF example.
oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 10-25-2013

(10-24-2013, 03:28 PM)oort Wrote: Under the YafaRay render settings maybe have a check box to enable using Wings3D camera settings for DOF Distance, etc.???
We would have the option to tell if we want to use the camera distance (Aim) or enter a value for it.
I noticed that POV-Ray and Kerkythea are already using the "Aim" value automatically.

Quote:Having a physical camera that has to be moved, like in Blender, always made me crazy... Sad As Neon22 pointed out, it is important for animation software but not for modeling software.
I've been thinking about it as something optional - just for that moments we want see its location in the scene.

povmaniac... you are really a code maniac. Biggrin
was coding yafaray almost alone, coding this plugin, making plans for a new variance of yafaray and I just discovered that you are also coding a SketchUp exporter for LuxRender! Shocked

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-25-2013

Micheus,
Having show camera optional would be good. Maybe under View > Show > Show Camera...

I always felt like the camera was located at the plane of my computer screen. Probably not true.... Smile

Edit: I have updated the files posted on my website for Povmaniac's YafaRay 0.1.5 SSS and his YafaRay plug-in.

oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-25-2013

povmaniac,
You probably know this but AA Additional Samples (AA_inc_samples) is not yet being exported by your YafaRay plug-in. YafaRay sets this value to the same as Samples (AA_minsamples) when not specified.

Thanks,
oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 10-25-2013

(10-25-2013, 05:14 PM)oort Wrote: povmaniac,
You probably know this but AA Additional Samples (AA_inc_samples) is not yet being exported by your YafaRay plug-in. YafaRay sets this value to the same as Samples (AA_minsamples) when not specified.

Thanks,
oort

Not known it..
Now it is already solved. Thanks for the feedback.
Code:
println(F,
        "\t<AA_passes ival=\"~w\"/>",[proplists:get_value(aa_passes, Attr)]),
    println(F,
        "\t<AA_threshold fval=\"~.10f\"/>",[proplists:get_value(aa_threshold, Attr)]),
    println(F,
        "\t<AA_inc_samples ival=\"~w\"/>",[proplists:get_value(aa_adsamples, Attr)]),
    println(F,
        "\t<AA_minsamples ival=\"~w\"/>",[proplists:get_value(aa_minsamples, Attr)]),
    println(F,
        "\t<AA_pixelwidth fval=\"~.10f\"/>",[proplists:get_value(aa_pixelwidth, Attr)]),
    println(F,
        "\t<filter_type sval=\"~s\"/>",[proplists:get_value(aa_filter_type, Attr)]),

micheus Wrote:povmaniac... you are really a code maniac.

Sure... Smile

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 10-25-2013

Fixed the crash when we use the Save button on the Render dialog. pull#1

Just in case you need know, the list of data you get in the result for your dialog handle function need to be in the same order they appears in the list of data that describe the dialog. I think you will understand when you check the changes.