Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 06-07-2013

povmaniac,
You may be moving outside of my skill level as a hacker. I will have to read up on forks and pull requests. If you and/or Micheus know of good links I should read, please post them in the programming section of the forum. I didn't even know that two people could work on the same plugin at the same time... Sad

Until I found out that not all of the background lights were working, I had considered myself done except for cleaning up the code... Blush

And of course updating as features were added in YafaRay... Smile

Thanks,
oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 02:59 PM)oort Wrote: povmaniac,
You may be moving outside of my skill level as a hacker.

Hacker ??..
http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20605#p20605

(06-07-2013, 02:59 PM)oort Wrote: ..I didn't even know that two people could work on the same plugin at the same time... Sad

Yes, is possible.

(06-07-2013, 02:59 PM)oort Wrote: Until I found out that not all of the background lights were working, I had considered myself done except for cleaning up the code... Blush

And of course updating as features were added in YafaRay... Smile

It has made a good work you with the exporter. Thanks for keeping it active.
You can create an account of Github and do your own 'fork' of my repository to be able to send ' pull request '. The manual of Git is not very difficult and there is some free softs to handle it. I am using TortoiseGit.
Regards..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 02:59 PM)oort Wrote: If you and/or Micheus know of good links I should read, please post them in the programming section of the forum
Yeah. I can help with that. Smile

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 06-07-2013

povmaniac,
Looks like you do tile work or do you build the whole house? My best friend does tile work as well. I can't even get him to setup an e-mail account.... Smile

Micheus,
I see you started adding info in the programming section. Thanks! It will probably be Monday before I get back to YafaRay...

Thanks,
oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 09:39 PM)oort Wrote: povmaniac,
Looks like you do tile work or do you build the whole house? My best friend does tile work as well. I can't even get him to setup an e-mail account.... Smile
After 20 years in this work, already I am capable of constructing the whole finished housing.
The only problem is .. in Spain there is very little I work for the bricklayers. Smile

Greetings..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 06-09-2013

povmaniac, you are really a code maniac. Biggrin
I'm following your commits on github and you are working hard. Isn't it?!

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 06-09-2013

micheus... The programming is my hobby and my passion. Really, I enjoy this work.
Greetings..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 06-10-2013

The new 'texture background' UI with the 'help' (wip).
I need learn more Erlang for 'move' this options to new 'World' menu.

Greetings..

Im deleted the 'Image' option. Is the same of 'HDRI' with 'Use Background Light' un-cheked.

Not use IBL, the image background only is reflected in the glossy component of material..

With IBL, is reflected and add the 'light info' to the scene..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 06-10-2013

povmaniac,
That is looking very good... Glad you are updating the help info as well... Smile Good to see you added the rotate option. You have indeed been very busy.

The Hemilight radio button is just junk left over from old YafRay that I couldn't figure out how to get rid of.

The top "Power" option may also be junk left over.

Yes, HDRI and Image act the same both with and without Use Background light enabled. I just left Image so that the user would know that they can use both standard and HDR images for the background. Maybe have it as "HDRI/Image" ???

In the help you say HDR or EXR are required to light the scene but even standard images will light the scene. Not as effectively as HDR but you can light the scene with standard images.

Thanks,
oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 06-10-2013

The images with 'low dynamic range' is not good methode for IBL.
You can use more image types.. if add filters to 'extensions', browser code..

Code:
BrowsePropsHDRI = [
        {dialog_type,open_dialog},
        {extensions,[
            {".hdr",?__(56,"High Dynamic Range image")},
            {".exr",?__(95,"OpenEXR image")},
            {".tga",?__(1096,"Targa bitmaps)}"
            and more......
        ]}
    ],

.. but is not good idea Smile
YafaRay need the high range info for work better with the image background.