Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 06-10-2013

P.S. I still think that it is ok to have all background settings under the Ambient light. To me "World" is a Blender way of doing things and is not necessary to be used in Wings3D. It would save you some work and you could use that time making other things better... Smile

Edit: Just read your post and it makes sense not to use standard images for lighting. I have never used them for that so I wouldn't miss that option... Smile

Edit2: However maybe some will want to use a standard image as a background without lighting with it??? Maybe that would go under YafaRay Render Options > Background???

oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 06-10-2013

Quote:P.S. I still think that it is ok to have all background settings under the Ambient light. To me "World" is a Blender way of doing things and is not necessary to be used in Wings3D.
Not.. im my Softimage exporter, the background params also is placed in world tab.
( Sorry, my translator soft not work) Smile

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 06-16-2013

More updates in 'modulator' interface..

And the results..

Add more support for Texture coordinates..

Using 'global'...

And using 'UV'...

The work continue...
Greetings.

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 06-16-2013

Another sample of how work the new 'shader slots ' (modulators ..)

PD: Is need activate the 'transparent shadows', of course Smile

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 06-18-2013

povmaniac,
Looks good...

oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 06-18-2013

New Lighting integrator from GSOC 2010:
Stochastic Progressive Photon Mapping (SPPM)..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 06-23-2013

Some suggestion, comment or test?
I am tired of writing lines and lines of code, which later nobody uses.

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 06-24-2013

Hi povimaniac, I'm not sure we will be able to get lot of users here testing it, as we can see at the yafaray forum. But, it would be easier if the plugin beams be shared. Smile
I've compiled and prepared the plugin for install: link

I'm more to coder than user, so I just start try it now.

I would like suggest you/oort to check for the program existence before start exporting the project. Is an usual issue related to some plugins (as well POV-Ray) that make the assumption that the user has already installed the program. So, this should avoid the user wait for the exporting process and at the end get this message:
Renderer "c:/TEMP/yafaray/bin/yafaray-xml.exe" not found: {error,enoent}

By acessing the plugin dialog (at File->Render->Yafaray [_]) - after change some settings - and trying [Save] button we get a crash.

That's all for now. I'll try test some renders.

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 06-24-2013

I have a scene which: one area light; one spot light and four materials.
all with the default yafaray values.

Here is the result with both lights On and their power set to 50.0 (is that a % value?):
[Image: th_spagettiplate-50x50_zpsb0c81489.png]I would expect more illumination.

By switching the area light Off and Spot light On I'm getting a black render, but by using an image editor and playing with bright and contrast I could see that the image is there:
[Image: th_spagettiplate-spot-black_zps5ac830c9.png]

By switching the area light On and Spot light Off I'm getting a dark image:
[Image: th_spagettiplate-area_50_zps2550a3b5.png]almost the same when I had Spot light On.

Is that the expected behavior for Yafaray lights?

p.s. I'm using YafaRay 0.1.5

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 06-24-2013

povmaniac,
Sorry I haven't had time for my hobby lately. Life has gotten rather busy lately. I hope to get back to YafaRay soon. I wish there were more interest in the YafaRay plug-in. As Micheus said, even in the YafaRay forum there is no interest in the plug-in, other than you of course... Smile

I thought that having access to SSS might get YafaRay users interested but it seems that 99.9% of YafaRay users are using Blender... Sad

The crash when saving settings in the render settings dialog may be a split_list issue (Line 2929 in the last code I posted on my website).

Or maybe the added SPPM settings need to be added to the
export_prefs() -> (Line 2312 in the last code I posted on my website)

and
export_dialog_qs(Op, (Line 2392 in the last code I posted on my website).

Micheus,
Not sure why it takes so much power in the area and spot lights to light a scene. I have played mostly with lighting with HDRI images so I cannot help much. Try changing the power setting from 50 to 200 and see if that helps. I assume you have Gamma set to 1.0, which is the default setting.

It would be nice if the plugin checked to make sure the location for the .exe was defined before a render was attempted. As you say, this is a common problem with Pov-Ray, Kerkythea, etc.... Sad

Thanks,
oort