Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 07-06-2013

(07-06-2013, 07:06 AM)oort Wrote: I think that 0.1.5 is an evolution of 0.1.2 and 0.1.3 (Experimental) is completely separate since it includes GSOC features like SSS.
I asked because both of them were built by povmaniac.

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 07-11-2013

Hi povmaniac, I'm playing with lights and I'm get two different errors:
1) a camera view error
[Image: th_yafaray_cam_ok_zpsfb91e2a6.jpg]
here, I've rolled the mouse wheel only one step forward:
[Image: th_yafaray_cam_issue_zps2bc1ce22.jpg]
2.a) by using Photom mapping (GI) with default values I'm getting the error message: "Rendering Job returned: 5"
Just if I check the option "Soft Shadows Sample" for the spot light in the scene (led_light_spot). The render is ~29% when it crashes.
2.b) by using S. Progressive Photom mapping the export process is interrupted by a crash.

I think these two first errors are related to Yafaray.

Thanks
_____
Here is the scene for your test: Led-SpotLight-cam_issue.zip
You can use the Windows->Saved Views to direct access to the camera position (Very close to the LED)

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 07-18-2013

Hey...
I return after some days of 'total' vacations.. Smile
I want upload the last compiled file very soon.
Greetings.

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 07-19-2013

Micheus,
I am still very busy with other things. This may not be the problem that caused the white render after one step forward and you may already be aware.... The framing of the rendered image is affected by the size of the geometry window. To get a 800x600 render I set the geometry window to 400x300 to get proper framing...

oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 08-30-2013

Hi povmaniac,
I'm experiencing a situation where the material of many objects is automatically created (Body->Vertex Attributes->Colors to materials). So, the main color attribute (diffuse) is assigned to that material property at the main session (not for renders ones).

By using a diffuse color settings for the render session as we have for Yafaray can become a big problem. Think about changing that information for all these 23,104 balls... Shocked
[Image: th_balls_zpsc5b933af.jpg]I got this image from Kerkythea render

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 08-31-2013

Select all objects, select material and click 'Assign to selection'..?

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 09-01-2013

(08-31-2013, 06:49 PM)povmaniac Wrote: Select all objects, select material and click 'Assign to selection'..?
No. That is the inverse what I'm doing.
I used the vertex color to create the materials - the operation I took about before.

And if you pay attention, almost every ball has a different color - so, material too. It`s almost impossible to edit each one in order to set a render material.
But, by considering the existence of a default material for each render, all these balls can use that definition when the new material is created - but using the global diffuse color generated by the command I took before.

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 09-01-2013

I have not even the most remote idea of like doing that. I am sorry. I am not a user of Wings3d advanced..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 09-01-2013

Micheus,
I too am having trouble understanding what you want changed. When I use Vertex Attributes > Colors to Materials, the Material Properties > YafaRay Options > Diffuse Color is the same as the main color attribute diffuse color. Is this not happening for you? Maybe a video is needed to show what you are trying to do???

oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 09-01-2013

(09-01-2013, 06:30 PM)oort Wrote: When I use Vertex Attributes > Colors to Materials, the Material Properties > YafaRay Options > Diffuse Color is the same as the main color attribute diffuse color.
Ok, I will check again if I`m doing something wrong. :/
Maybe I`m mix things just because we have two places for setting diffuse in the same dialog. Pov-ray and Kerkythea just use the main one.