Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 09-20-2013

Goods news.. about YafaRay: The work for integrate SSS branch in the trunk was started. Smile.
Not more 'experimental branch'..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 09-20-2013

povmaniac,
Thanks for letting us know. That is more than good news it is GREAT! news. I have been waiting for that since Dec 2010... Smile

oort

povmaniac,
Every time I want to take a moment to look at your yafaray plugin code to see if I can figure out why it is not backwards compatible I cannot find it. Can you point me to where your branch is on Github. I guess I am getting old... Sad

Thanks,
oort

Hi oort..
Is this link.. https://github.com/povmaniaco/wings/tree/yafaray_exp

I hope to have time again to advance with the exporter. I cannot be working at an exporter, if nobody is working at the YafaRay core.
Greetings..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 09-20-2013

povmaniac,
Thanks for the link. I see you did already split things up. I guess that is probably why it is not backwards compatible. That is ok assuming that from now on it will be backwards compatible with future versions. We don't want to be like the Blender plug-in where every new YafaRay release breaks the plugin... Sad

Please do spend your time on YafaRay instead of the plug-in. At least until you get SSS in the next official YafaRay release.... Wink

When I get time, I will work on making new test/example files that will work with your build.

oort

(09-20-2013, 03:10 PM)oort Wrote: ...
Please do spend your time on YafaRay instead of the plug-in....

More time ?? Smile
https://github.com/YafaRay/Core/network

Btw.. SSS build its work!! Only lack update the exporter.
Go to work...

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - micheus - 09-20-2013

(09-20-2013, 03:34 PM)povmaniac Wrote:
(09-20-2013, 03:10 PM)oort Wrote: ...
Please do spend your time on YafaRay instead of the plug-in....
More time ?? Smile
I'm sure he just has forgot the "not" after the "do". Smile

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 09-22-2013

Maybe something got lost in translation from English. I know you are working very hard on YafaRay. I visit the YafaRay forum every day. Just agreeing with Micheus that you not get distracted by anything... Smile

oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-08-2013

povmaniac,
I have finally found some time to play with your build of the YafaRay plugin. I think if you change the default for Texture Settings Coordinates to "UV" instead of "Global" and make the default Shader slot type (modulator type) "diffuse" instead of "Image" the backwards compatibility problem I am having with UV Textures will go away. Assuming that it is possible to change the default. I haven't had time to look at the code... Sad

I plan to start posting example files on my website tonight.

Edit: I spent most of my time cleaning up my Wings3D page. I have added example files for Reflective Caustics (Cardioid Caustics), UV Cube, and a Candle (SSS). These are Wings3D Snapshot 1.5 using YafaRay 0.1.3 Experimental.

Edit 2:
I think that line 281 of yaf_defines.erl -define(DEF_COORDINATES, global). would be the line to change to "uv".

Line 289 -define(DEF_MOD_TYPE, image) may need to change to "diffuse". What I don't understand is that this has always been "image" so I don't know why this was not a problem in the past???

To see the problem... use the snap image tool. When using the snap image tool in earlier versions of the plugin, modulator type would default to "diffuse". Now it defaults to "image".

oort

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - povmaniac - 10-09-2013

(10-08-2013, 10:15 PM)oort Wrote: Edit: I spent most of my time cleaning up my Wings3D page. I have added example files for Reflective Caustics (Cardioid Caustics), UV Cube, and a Candle (SSS). These are Wings3D Snapshot 1.5 using YafaRay 0.1.3 Experimental.
I have ready the new version of SSS, integrated in the last trunk code. I only need a bite of time for build and shared these binaries..Smile
(10-08-2013, 10:15 PM)oort Wrote: Edit 2:
I think that line 281 of yaf_defines.erl -define(DEF_COORDINATES, global). would be the line to change to "uv".
If you change this value to 'uv' and use any image without 'UV mapping'.. you only change one problem for other...Smile
(10-08-2013, 10:15 PM)oort Wrote: Line 289 -define(DEF_MOD_TYPE, image) may need to change to "diffuse". What I don't understand is that this has always been "image" so I don't know why this was not a problem in the past???
The problem is.. many code as change. Any compatibility with the past, is pure coincidence.
Greetings..

RE: YafaRay plugin; update roadmap and change list - oort - 10-09-2013

povmaniac,
I can't wait to see the SSS version of YafaRay released... Smile

When would one ever use an image without uv mapping??? AutoUV uses uv mapping, image planes use uv mapping, and so does the snap image tool.

Hopefully, in the future, you can fix the plugin so that the snap image tool works the way it used to with the YafaRay plugin. The way it is now one has to correct the settings every time... Sad

For future reference, currently when dragging an image onto a material in the outliner one can choose between "diffuse", "gloss", "bump heightmap", and "bump normal map". We will need to add more to cover all the possibilities available in Yafaray (transparency,translucency,mirror,etc.).

Other than this issue and procedural settings being lost the compatibility looks pretty good so far... Smile

Thanks,
oort