Wings 3D Development Forum
Translations - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Translations (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Translations - TulipVorlax - 01-13-2015

Oh, that last bit is usefull to know. I was thinking Wings was getting language names in the translated files, but that is a bit dumb of me since i know they are loaded only after selecting one.

One last thing; i forgot to mention in my previous post is that by "UI" i was meaning "User Interface". In the world of people "computer guys" and devs, UI is a well known term refering to any visual component serving as a method of communication between the software and the user. It can even be extended when sound when using voice recongnition in the sense that "interface" is a mean of interaction like depicted on Wikipedia :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interface_(computing)

RE: Translations - Simona - 01-14-2015

Thank you guys for your help... Now I understand and have created a file wings_lt and I could see my translations in programm. Smile)))

RE: Translations - burgom - 04-22-2016

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Wings and saw there is no Spanish translation for it and I was wondering if somebody is already working on it and if I could be of any help.
Anyway, so as not to be idle while enthusiasm lasts, I'll start tinkering with it...

Cheers!!

RE: Translations - micheus - 04-22-2016

In this thread you are going to find some tips about how to translate the .lang files.

The usual orientation for translations is to create a github account in order to make the pull requests sending the changes to the main developer's repository. There are some instructions for that in this post.

But, if someone have problems with that I can try to help doing that if I receive all the files in their proper places (directory structure).
The wings_en.lang file can be found in a directory like this C:\Program Files\wings3d_2.0.3\lib\wings-2.0.3\ebin and the other files can be found under plugins folder (there is a shortcut for it in the directory wings3d was installed).

RE: Translations - burgom - 04-23-2016

Thanks micheus!!
I've been following the posts and created the github account and have already a few files translated. I'll try to push it over the weekend and, hopefully, gather some issues and questions to ask...

Cheers!!

RE: Translations - burgom - 04-27-2016

Hey there!!
I am writing to inform that work on the Spanish translation is on the way, and I must admit that it feels great to finally have the time to contribute back to free software. I'll be "reporting" periodically (weekly if possible) to show signs of life Smile.

I have here two questions for micheus and TulipVorlax, although I wonder if it might become annoying to flood this thread with spanish translation issues until it is complete...

I'm working on the files that came in the installed directories:

1_Why does wings_en.lang have missing lines compared to wings_fr.lang?
For instance, these lines are in wings_fr but not in wings_en:

Line 20 "area volume info"
Line 205 "Undo info"

Am I missing something or working on the wrong files? Those files come bundled from the same installed Windows version.

2_wings_en, wings_fr and wings_de.lang, all show diferent punctuation in examples like the following:

wings_en.lang reads:
{measure,
[
{1,". Position <~s ~s ~s>"}, ...

wings_de.lang reads:
{measure,
[
{1,". Position ~s ~s ~s"}, ...

wings_fr.lang reads:
{measure,
[
{1,". Position [~s ~s ~s]"}, ...

What does each convention mean? Is it because of each translator's localised text enconding?
What should I do for the Spanish translation? So far I've been working on the French files, simply "overwriting" them as a kind of templates.

Thanks a mil.
Cheers!!

RE: Translations - micheus - 04-28-2016

burgom, about to flooding this thread by now I think you questions still are general and can stay here.
But. if you want we can move this post to a dedicated thread for Spanish translation. It's up to you (just let me know and I move this post to it). Smile

1_ you files for reference must be always the English version. Any other file would be needing update - that sounds to be the case. Unfortunately the translators are also volunteers and we don't get these files update frequently.

2_ in a sentence like this {1,". Position <~s ~s ~s>"}, the first field (the number) means an ID and the quoted text is what will be displayed. It can be pure text or contain elements used to be replaced by parameters hard coded. In this case it's a format string and you can understand if checking this documentation.

What is important is that "~?" is used for the formatting process, so you must keep it as it is. Others formatting elements like "\?" must also be kept as they are.

In your question, the use of "[", "<" or its absence were translators choice. Again, your .lang file for reference (template) must always be the English one.
Put the focus on the plain text and leave the special characters/signs as they are and you probably will not get problems. Smile

Also, be sure to save the files using Unicode characters. Your text editor must support this, of course.

Is it clear what I said here? (English isn't my first language, so sometimes I cannot express things correctly).

RE: Translations - boeingchen - 08-27-2019

I am fixing the simplified Chinese, and traditional Chinese lang files.

Is https://github.com/dgud/wings the repository to do pull request?

RE: Translations - micheus - 08-27-2019

Yes. Use the master branch.

RE: Translations - dgud - 08-29-2019

Actually use the maint branch, the master branch may take directions.
Either way works for no, but in the future use the maint branch for bug-fixes.