Wings 3D Development Forum
Looking for Fibonacci curve - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Interface & Usage (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Looking for Fibonacci curve (/showthread.php?tid=341)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Scale and Rotate with magnet? - Fonte Boa - 06-14-2013

Really nice experiment, Micheus! Smile

Which were the two end sequences operations you performed in the GIF you posted above? I suppose you first duplicate the object then rotate and repeat this 2 commands. And second you duplicate the conjunct and flip the copy along the appropriated axis.

RE: Scale and Rotate with magnet? - micheus - 06-14-2013

(06-14-2013, 01:12 AM)Fonte Boa Wrote: I suppose you first duplicate the object then rotate and repeat this 2 commands. And second you duplicate the conjunct and flip the copy along the appropriated axis.
Yes. For the start "arm", I played with scale radial and other commands I don't remember Undecided.
You can see that it curves were not flowing so good than now I'm using that Fibonacci number. Before I used a value by eye (95°):

But, the rotation for the duplicated "arms" isn't the correct yet. I need more "arms" before duplicate and invert the set. Also, the segments length were not useful for what I want. You should have noticed the hight density at the center.
If you checked the link I post at #9, and you played with the small app in the session "Why not try to find the best value for yourself?", by setting the value 0.618 and clicking on Go button, you will see a better distribution of length (that I think I found now).

RE: Looking for Fibonacci curve - micheus - 06-14-2013

This approach seems to give me a better result:
It should be the natural way - without duplicate and reverse the spirals as in first try. Also, in that situation I was not able to weld or even use boolean operation in order to get just one object.

The bridge operation over that thin extrusion produced an interesting result if I apply Smooth Preview:
[Image: fibonacci_7.jpg]

I worked on something a bit similar - ggaliens - 06-16-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGQBieHT9Jw&feature=youtu.be

RE: Looking for Fibonacci curve - micheus - 08-20-2013

By trying to fix my issue for the Marguerite center I did a study and I realize that the mini flowers arrangement is composed not only for Fibonacci sequence, but by Voronoi cells too. I used centers of three different flower density for that:
[Image: Marguerite-FibonacciVoronoi.jpg]
The Fibonacci spiral starts from outside to inside in which I used the same number of mini flowers - until the curve continuity finish. Then I notice that the extra mini flowers at the center look like Voronoi cells.

I think now I'll be able to produce a better Marguerite. Smile

RE: Looking for Fibonacci curve - Britfox - 08-20-2013

It's a little bit more complex than that Cool

"There are 21 clockwise blue spirals and 13 counterclockwise aqua spirals. 21 and 13 are two numbers in the sequence. This pattern allows the density of the seeds on the head to be uniform without overcrowding in the middle or sparseness along the edges."

RE: Looking for Fibonacci curve - micheus - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 06:12 PM)Britfox Wrote: It's a little bit more complex than that Cool
If I was using that image as reference, maybe it was not so complex. Wink

I knew about that image. You'll find it in that link I put above.
But it's a perfect ("romantic") example about that numbers in the nature.

If you try a flower with many mini flowers in its center maybe it can't be applied as you saw in that one. I just added numbers to the image for show you:

note that we would expect get 21 and 34, but we get 21 and 33 with lots of inconsistent arcs (pink ones).
In that previous image, the second one has 14 arcs instead of 13.

It's a challenge and I invite you(or somebody else) to try too. Smile
Maybe you can show me where is my mistake. Just remember we are looking for a way to make it using Wings3d - that's why I found that workarround.

you can download it here.

[Edited]it was sound like a rude replay - it was not my intention.

RE: Looking for Fibonacci curve - aidendaniel - 10-22-2013

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a curve in Wings 3D? If so, please let me know.

RE: Looking for Fibonacci curve - micheus - 10-23-2013

(10-22-2013, 12:57 PM)aidendaniel Wrote: I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a curve in Wings 3D?
what is exactly do you want to do?

RE: Looking for Fibonacci curve - micheus - 05-23-2014

This days I was in a kitchen utilities store with my wife and suddenly I got this vision:
[Image: th_IMG_20140523_105926_zps50bb6f81.jpg]
It's not exactly the Fibonacci curve, but is very close (as well as the previous ones I shown here in my tries).

Then, looking for another angle I had this sight - through the inner side (see it in full size):
[Image: th_IMG_20140523_110157_zps6b875f7d.jpg]
wow, look at all those small squares!
That drove me to think I could use some plain Wings3d commands to get this kind of shape/curve. (almost in a all-at-once way) Smile

Somebody else could see that?! Now, it's piece of cake create this pattern!

[Image: dessert-stemware.png]