Wings 3D Development Forum
Save/Restore last view of a project - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Save/Restore last view of a project (/showthread.php?tid=377)

Pages: 1 2

Save/Restore last view of a project - micheus - 07-17-2013

Another thing that bother me is the fact of Wings doesn't remember the last view settings I was using in a project - every time we open a project it will use the default view or the current view if a project was previously open.

Well, again Smile, I decided to try change this. I hope this new feature can be accepted by the main devs.

Here is the pull request on GitHub.
and bellow a video showing how it works (best seeing on YouTube):

RE: Save/Restore last view of a project - Geta-Ve - 07-18-2013

Very cool! Going a step further I would ask if it is possible to save the whole GUI layout per project?

Furthermore, I really wish Wings would scale the GUI to fit the current window size. For instance, I usually have the Geometry window and the Geometry Graph open beside each other, but if I scale the window down I will either lose sight of the GeoGraph or the GeoWindow. Would really be nice for that not to happen.

Great work micheus!

RE: Save/Restore last view of a project - micheus - 07-19-2013

(07-18-2013, 11:50 AM)Geta-Ve Wrote: I really wish Wings would scale the GUI to fit the current window size.
The window app events generated by SDL layer doesn't help us much for that. I took a look at them in the past and - if I'm not wrong - it would be necessary change some code there - that is not a good idea as the it is a 3rd part code and also it would be necessary to know how these events are fired for each supported OS (I know only about Windows).
You can read a bit more in this my old post (May/2009) and see what dgud thought about too.

I think we need to wait for Opigon's implementation for a new GUI (Multiple View Ports) - if he is working on it.

Quote:For instance, I usually have the Geometry window and the Geometry Graph open beside each other, but if I scale the window down I will either lose sight of the GeoGraph or the GeoWindow.
I think that you can use the option Save/Load Preference Subset for that. I use an windows schema for record my videos (adjusted for HD dimensions) and another one for full screen mode. It's not a big deal change the window schema using this feature since you don't need to reboot Wings3D. It works fine for me.

RE: Save/Restore last view of a project - oort - 07-19-2013

Micheus,
Thanks for another great addition.

oort

RE: Save/Restore last view of a project - micheus - 04-05-2014

This addition was accept. Smile

RE: Save/Restore last view of a project - MikeJ - 04-05-2014

More basic than this, is there a way to make Wings open the last project you were working on rather than opening a new blank project every time?

RE: Save/Restore last view of a project - ubiquity - 05-08-2014

(04-05-2014, 09:19 PM)MikeJ Wrote: More basic than this, is there a way to make Wings open the last project you were working on rather than opening a new blank project every time?
I don't know if this was implemented in 1.5.3 but I have a converse view since Wings (for me) now recovers the last 'unsaved' project that I have thrown away.

RE: Save/Restore last view of a project - micheus - 05-08-2014

(05-08-2014, 03:23 AM)ubiquity Wrote: now recovers the last 'unsaved' project that I have thrown away.
Is that a problem?
Yeah, it was added in the new 1.5.3 version. This "unsaved" project will be available for recovery only after the autosave time has been happen.

Some users (including me) has experienced some situations in which we start modelling and after some time (having forgot to first save the project) got a crash and lose all the work.

Maybe we need to add an option for require user say if the file should be discarded.

You will find it at the preferences.txt file location, then you can delete it there.

RE: Save/Restore last view of a project - dgud - 05-08-2014

After loading a unsaved project during startup, and then creating a new project or loading another model
it should delete the previous unsaved object, because the user have had the chance to save it.

Now it is pretty irritating when you create a cube, autosave and close wings.
Then the cube will always be there until you save it somewhere, happens a lot
at least when developing for me.

RE: Save/Restore last view of a project - micheus - 05-08-2014

(05-08-2014, 06:17 AM)dgud Wrote: Now it is pretty irritating when you create a cube, autosave and close wings.
Then the cube will always be there until you save it somewhere, happens a lot at least when developing for me.
That was a good time to talk about this issue, since I didn't noticed it in that moment. Wink