Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay Example Files - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gallery (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: YafaRay Example Files (/showthread.php?tid=427)

Pages: 1 2 3

YafaRay Example Files - oort - 10-09-2013

I have started posting Wings3D files set up for YafaRay renders on my website. These files were created using Wings3d 1.5 Snapshot release with the povmaniac version of the YafaRay plug-in and YafaRay 0.1.3 so that I have access to SSS. These files will hopefully work with future Wings3D releases and future YafaRay Releases, which include support for SSS. There is a saved view in the files to replicate the view I have used. When an Ambient light with HDRI is present you will need to download the HDRI file (There is a link to the "kitchen_probe" HDRI on my website) and set the path to the location on your local drive.

Just an FYI... I discovered that when using Direct Lighting with Caustics enabled, if "Caustics Photons" is not enabled under the Ambient Light HDRI settings the render times can increase drastically. The metal ring Reflective Caustics file took over an hour compared to approx 8 minutes. Your render times should be much better as I am using an old Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz Single Core machine with 1GB Ram.

Here are the first four...

[Image: metal_zps0b633071.jpg]

[Image: uvcube_zpsa432ecb3.jpg]

[Image: candle6_zps980c0d55.jpg]

[Image: marbles_zps6fae21ff.jpg]

More to follow,
oort

RE: YafaRay Example Files - povmaniac - 10-10-2013

You can use this image??
[Image: caustics.png]

Make with the last YafaRay 0.1.5 release
Greetings..

And this...?
[Image: candle6.png]
.. with the last SSS build.Smile

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 10-10-2013

povmaniac,
It is good that you are showing your renders of these examples. When people see my render times they make the wrong assumption that YafaRay is too slow.

I see you have even corrected the YafaRay version info in the render settings badge... Smile

Thanks,
oort

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 10-10-2013

I have posted an example of meshlights. The spheres are supposed to be glow in the dark marbles and the spiral is supposed to be a neon light. Not perfect but will do as an example... Smile

[Image: meshlights_zps18d57dc8.jpg]

Edit: One more... Bumpmap...

[Image: bumpmap_zpseba3cb14.jpg]

oort

RE: YafaRay Example Files - Neon22 - 10-10-2013

This is great. Looking fwd to 1.5 release and integration with Yafaray.
Will they be packaged together, or will a special Yafaray build that integrates with Wings3D be made ?
What about the (looks to be internal) Wings PBR renderer ?

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 10-11-2013

Neon22,
Glad you like this. Play with it and give feedback in the following thread... YafaRay plug-in development.

The Wings3D YafaRay plugin will be part of Wings3D when it is stable enough. Dgud will decide whether it gets added to Wings3D 1.5.1 or added at a later date. It is easy enough to install the YafaRay plugin until it is ready to be part of the official Wings3D release.

The PBR Renderer had bugs and I don't know if Dgud will fix them for the Wings3D 1.5.1 release or not.

oort

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 10-12-2013

I have updated the wings file for the candle. Povmaniac provided me with better settings to speed up render times.

oort

RE: YafaRay Example Files - dgud - 10-12-2013

No pbr have been removed in the release, and yafaray will be included when someone sends me a pull request with on github. I'm not capable to decide when it's stable enough, you are :-)

RE: YafaRay Example Files - povmaniac - 10-12-2013

(10-12-2013, 03:39 PM)dgud Wrote: No pbr have been removed in the release, and yafaray will be included when someone sends me a pull request with on github. I'm not capable to decide when it's stable enough, you are :-)

Sure!! But atm, YafaRay need more work for stabilized..Smile

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 10-29-2013

I have added an example file for the Stanford Repository Dragon with SSS. I did some tweaking and got the render time down to 2 minutes with 1 AA Samples and 10 minutes with 3 AA Samples. Pathtracing seems to be the fastest lighting method for SSS.

Try playing with Absorption Color, Scatter Color and Diffuse Color to change the color from green. Moving the spotlight and/or changing its power will also affect the look of the material.

oort

[Image: dragonSSSfast_zps8d4b5a37.png]