Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay Example Files - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gallery (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: YafaRay Example Files (/showthread.php?tid=427)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 10-30-2013

I have added an example file for the Stanford Repository Happy Buddha with SSS. I did some tweaking and got the render time down to 2 minutes with 1 AA Samples and 8 minutes with 3 AA Samples.

oort

[Image: buddhasssfast_zpsba931239.png]

RE: YafaRay Example Files - Neon22 - 10-30-2013

looking very nice indeed

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 10-30-2013

Neon22,
Thanks! I decided to do a normal size render. For a 1024x768 render of the buddha it only took 15m 29s according to the settings badge. This is on an old Pentium 4, 2.4 Ghz (single core) with 1GB ram. Running Windows XP 32bit.

I am interested in hearing what kind of render times are possible with newer computers.

oort

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 04-08-2014

I just did another 1024x768 render of the Buddha using a new computer. The render time was 1m 4.4s according to the settings badge. The new computer is an Intel i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad Core/4 Thread with 8GB of Ram, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.... Smile

oort

RE: YafaRay Example Files - Neon22 - 04-08-2014

I coudln't get yafaray (or the new one) to work anymore a while ago now.
It seemed to have lost stability.
1. Do you have a link for 1.5.2 compliant version ?
2. Has an of the Regsitry - and other manual things required to get it working - been simplified ?
is there a new post with instructions.
3. Do you have a link to this version of the Stanford Buddha with yayray materials so I can check out out on my machine too ?

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 04-08-2014

Neon22,
I am using my version of the plug-in instead of the povmaniac version because of some things still not working in his version. Plus I am just used to my version... Smile

The plug-in is on my Wings3D page and the Buddha is near the bottom of the same page. Click the Website link at the bottom of this post to go to the site.

Get the Yafaray 0.1.5 SSS Rendering Software by Povmaniac on the same page. Extract the files to C:/Yafaray. Other locations may work but I have not tested that.

I can confirm that there is NO need to edit the registry to get Yafaray to work on Windows 7. Just make sure you have -pp c:/yafaray/plugins added under Edit > Plugin Preferences > Yafaray > Options. NO need to add Yafaray to your Computers System Path on Windows 7 either.

You will have to manually copy the wpc_yafaray.beam file to the plugins/import_export folder. You will also have to have administrator rights to copy it if running Windows 7.

I noticed that YafaRay did not show up under File > Render, until I first defined the location for the Yafary executable file, under Edit > Plugin Preferences > Yafaray > Executable. I noticed the same thing for old YafRay.

Edit: I am running the 32bit version of Wings3D...

I hope you can get it to work...
oort

RE: YafaRay Example Files - Neon22 - 04-09-2014

I get a failed to export error - any idea where I should start ?

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 04-09-2014

Neon22,
Are you using Wings3D 64bit? I am using Wings3D 32bit. I will have to try installing Wings3D 64bit and see if I get an error. It will be tomorrow some time before I can try it...

oort

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 04-09-2014

Neon22,
I just installed Wings3d 64bit and using my version of the YafaRay plugin was able to render without any problem.

Your OS is Windows 7 64bit correct??? (That is what I am running)
Your YafaRay is installed in "C:/YafaRay" correct???

Make sure there are no old versions of the plugin under any Wings3D 1.5.2 folders.

Make sure my version of the plugin is in the import_export folder. (I have not tested with the povmaniac version yet.)

Maybe if you are running Windows 7 it is a permissions issue but I would think you would get some kind of warning with that. If I try to render to "C:/program files (x86)/Wings 1.5.2" I get a message that I do not have permission to save in that location.

Do you get any messages in the Wings3d Console window?

oort

RE: YafaRay Example Files - oort - 09-13-2015

I will be posting more example files on my website soon.

oort