Wings 3D Development Forum
TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) (/showthread.php?tid=440)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - micheus - 08-02-2016

Just to let you know, I'm formally copying the current implementation of wpc_yafaray.erl plugin and creating wpc_thebouty.erl - pull request#190

As soon as dgud accept it, you must prepare your future releases to be compliant with it.

Cheers

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - oort - 08-02-2016

Micheus,
Can you e-mail the .beam file to me, so I can test it?

Thanks,
oort

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - micheus - 08-03-2016

Done. Smile

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - povmaniac - 08-05-2016

(08-02-2016, 11:50 PM)micheus Wrote: Just to let you know, I'm formally copying the current implementation of wpc_yafaray.erl plugin and creating wpc_thebouty.erl - pull request#190

As soon as dgud accept it, you must prepare your future releases to be compliant with it.

Cheers

Thanks Micheus.

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - Neon22 - 08-06-2016

looking fwd to this being simpler. thanks

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - povmaniac - 08-18-2016

I am working from a some time ago on a render interface for .xml scene files. Also, is possible use this interface with Wings3D exporter. Here an small video demo.

Greetings..

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - oort - 08-18-2016

povmaniac,
Looks great. Thanks for sharing the video. I check The Bounty website often watching for updates.

Thanks,
oort

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - povmaniac - 08-23-2016

micheus Wrote:Just to let you know, I'm formally copying the current implementation of wpc_yafaray.erl plugin and creating wpc_thebouty.erl - pull request#190

Cheers

Btw.. Thanks for your work but I don't need the .erl file. I have my own code in my thebounty_wx branch.
The really 'pain' as always, is separate background code from light code and create new elements menu.
Greetings..

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - micheus - 08-24-2016

You need part of it. Make sure to include the changes to the menues injection, so they will be displayed only if the user has the render application installed.
I made that standard in the current renders plugins and it would be nice not have to fix your future version. Wink

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - oort - 08-24-2016

povmaniac,
There may be other things that Micheus made better as well. I cannot remember what has changed since you last worked on it.

I know you want to move the Background settings out of the lights and I can understand why you want to do that. I think Micheus would have done that as well, if he had the time. Also, there were several things that stopped working in the latest of your builds of the plugin. I cannot remember what they were right now... Sad I would rather you spent more time on adding features to "The Bounty"...

Features like the new Render GUI... Smile

Edit: I just visited the thread you added in your "The Bounty" forum. It looks like you are well on your way with updates to the plugin. It would be difficult for you to go back to the latest build by Micheus. I will look to see if there is something else important that was added that you need to add.

Edit2: The only extra thing that might have been fixed would be some fixes on how internal and external textures are handled. And maybe the default export format being changed to .png.

One thing that still needs to be added is a test for when .gif and .bmp images are used for textures. Since The Bounty and YafaRay do not support those formats and Wings3D does, it becomes a problem when .gif and .bmp are used as textures. It was on the "to do" list for Micheus but there are more important things for him to work on... Smile

Thanks,
oort