Wings 3D Development Forum
TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) (/showthread.php?tid=440)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - povmaniac - 11-24-2013

povmaniac Wrote:....
Have an problem with this value: {{case_clause,{1.0,50.0}}, ( and others cases)
If you have a old scene, saved with this value, always you obtain the same error.

Because this is an 'work in progress' project , in most cases, you not can use old scenes saved with 'not right' values.

Dimitri...not use any old scene. Try start render with new scene, and report the console msg ( in text..) please.

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - Dimitri - 11-24-2013

Povmaniac what do you mean by saying 'old scene'? I do open the new version of Wings, put a cube and a point light in it and click to render... Is there something wrong I do?

(11-24-2013, 11:56 AM)Dimitri Wrote: Povmaniac what do you mean by saying 'old scene'? I do open the new version of Wings, put a cube and a point light in it and click to render... Is there something wrong I do?

So... need delete your Preferences.txt file for 'delete' old values.
The path is like: H:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\Datos de programa\Wings3D

Please, Use last version of exporter ( update today)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16848591/wings3d/wpc_yafaray.7z

Thanks..

Povmaniac, I did install your latest build of the plugin... this time everything appears ok (the render tab etc, all do appear) but whenever I try to make a render I still receive an error message in the console...

Also, I am not finding the preferences txt file you mentioned for deleting... I did not understand where exactly to find and delete it...

And... be tolerant with my ignorance but I have to ask: how do we insert here in the forum text files directly (so that may I share the text files from the console)?

Most of this problems, have a more fast/easy solution ..with a few daily minutes connect to irc.freenode.net rooms #thebounty or #wings3d or ##wings3d ..Smile

https://webchat.freenode.net/

[Image: webchat.jpg]

Sorry but I do not have so much time as to follow all those things. I am a simple user and the only thing I need is having an easy way to render from within Wings... that's all...

Thanks for your help, however... : - )

I am sorry about it... TheBounty yet does not have a button that he says.. ' Click here for a nice render .. '
I have dedicated dozens of hours of work, to the exporter updating, but if you do not have a few minutes to solve a problem... Not I can do more.

Povmaniac, be sure that I do appreciate very much the work you do on the exporter and follow -as much as I can- the related news here in the forum. I did not speak about a button saying 'click for a nice render'... just expressed the difficulties I do meet trying to work with the exporter and asked for some instructions. Nothing more.

I do not understand, for example, what do you mean by saying delete the old txt file... it seems strange that such a thing can not be solved from within the ui of Wings. I would prefer to have a solution accessible from within it (as it would be natural). Needing such a solution does not mean a laziness such as looking for a 'click for a nice render'.

But, there is no need to cultivate bitterness here... ok, no problem... let the exporter be usable for a few only...

Dimitri..
If we want to use programs of a certain complexity, we need to learn some complex processes. There are persons who do a big effort to learn complicated languages of programming and to be able to offer products completely free to the users. We hope that as minimum, the users should correspond with a some effort of his part.

If you modify the direct link in your desktop for run Wings3d from Erlang console, see the place of Preferences.txt is easy...

[Image: erlang_wings_console.jpg]

More info for corrected setup of plugins preferences..

[Image: bounty_plugin_options.jpg]

Other work in progress for modify wings3d console options..
( is better use Erlang console instead.. IMHO)

[Image: nowingsconsole.jpg]

Greetings..

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - oort - 11-24-2013

Dimitri,
On my computer the preferences.txt file is in the following folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\oort\Application Data\Wings3D

We are not able to know your level of computer knowledge so I ask if you know how to look at the files on your computer using "My Computer". This is where you will start to look to delete your preferences.txt file.

If you have customized your user interface deleting the file will cause you to loose your custom settings. Instead of deleting the file, you can rename the preferences.txt file so you have a backup of your current settings.

Povmaniac,
Please do not remove "Default Shader". This does get used when you use the Object Mode > RMB > Vertex Attributes > Colors to Materials command, when converting vertex colors to materials.

oort