Wings 3D Development Forum
TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) (/showthread.php?tid=440)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - Asticles - 01-16-2015

I'm sorry but I'me really lost with windows installation, can anyone make a installation guide for dummies? Tongue

I've loaded thebounty plugin on wings and got thebounty program, but does not matter what I choose in plugin preferences, I always get errors:

Using GPU shaders.
Using GPU shaders.
Exporting to: d:/Work/test/wpc_yafaray-1572-ZDT9IN.xml
for render to: d:/Work/test/1.jpg
Mesh w_Cylinder1: triangulating...done
Mesh w_Cylinder1: exporting...done
ERROR: Failed to export:
{'EXIT',{badarg,[{io_lib,format,
["\t<~s r=\"~.6f\" g=\"~.6f\" b=\"~.6f\" a=\"1\"/>",
[color,1,1,1]],
[{file,"io_lib.erl"},{line,154}]},
{wpc_yafaray,println,3,
[{file,"h:/TRABAJOS/THEBOU~1/wings/PLUGIN~1/IMPORT~1/wpc_yafaray.erl"},
{line,883}]},
{wpc_yafaray,export_light,5,
[{file,"h:/TRABAJOS/THEBOU~1/wings/PLUGIN~1/IMPORT~1/yafaray/yaf_export_lights.erl"},
{line,115}]},
{wpc_yafaray,'-export/3-fun-3-',3,
{line,626}]},
{lists,foldr,3,[{file,"lists.erl"},{line,1274}]},
{wpc_yafaray,export,3,
{line,625}]},
{wpc_yafaray,'-do_export/4-fun-0-',3,
{line,242}]},
{wings_export,export,4,
[{file,"wings_export.erl"},{line,35}]}]}}

What I see is that paths are probably from the coder.

Thanks!

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - micheus - 01-16-2015

Thanks for report it Asticles
tkbd had already reported this error too.

As the last visit of povmaniac was in July/14 I don't think he will fix that soon.

So, if you want to use the Yafaray render engine I would suggest you to try the previous plugin by oort. Take a look at this thread: YafaRay Rendering Software

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - oort - 06-16-2015

TheBounty Renderer has an official website at this time, as well as a Wix page. See the links below. It seems that David Blucame (creator of the experimental YafaRay version 0.1.99) has joined the effort. I assume this since he has posted on the Bounty Renderer Download page.

TheBounty Renderer Website

TheBounty Renderer Wix Website

TheBounty Renderer Download Page

I am assuming that the latest Wings3D YafaRay plugin will work with TheBounty Renderer. I will have to test this and update this post when I find out...

Edit: The tests I have done so far show me that TheBounty Renderer still works with the Wings3D YafaRay plugin. I sent a pm to povmaniac to get more information from him. Hopefully he will respond...

Thanks,
oort

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - oort - 06-18-2015

I have tried to create an account to post in the forum on TheBounty Renderer website but it seems it is not working at this time. Hopefully this will be fixed.

oort

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - oort - 06-23-2015

I was able to get in touch with the person running the forum for "TheBounty" and now I am able to login to their forum.

oort

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - povmaniac - 06-28-2015

(06-16-2015, 09:55 PM)oort Wrote: TheBounty Renderer has an official website at this time, as well as a Wix page. See the links below. It seems that David Blucame (creator of the experimental YafaRay version 0.1.99) has joined the effort. I assume this since he has posted on the Bounty Renderer Download page.
Not.. David was decided work only for YafaRay project.

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - oort - 07-01-2015

povmaniac,
Thanks for your response. I was hoping that you had help. With the developers of YafaRay having for the most part abandoned it, I would think David would want to join you.

I am thinking of renaming my plugin as "TheBounty". Are you ok with that? I know the design may not be exactly the way you would do it, but it is functional except for a couple of things I am working on now. Micheus is working on getting the interface to work with wxWidgets.

I see you are working on the plugin for Blender. I hope you are successful in making TheBounty the preferred version of YafaRay.

Thanks,
oort

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - povmaniac - 07-02-2015

Well.. don't can you use my last code from github repository? Maybe only need some fix for work with wxwidgets..

RE: TheBounty Renderer; my fork of YafaRay project - oort - 07-02-2015

povmaniac,
With the limited time I have available it was easier to add the things missing from my version than to dig into your code to fix some of the things that stopped working. Yes, probably some laziness on my part as well... Smile Sad

I can just leave my version as YafaRay and, in the future, you can create a TheBounty version to replace it. I will put in my plugin help info, "For SSS support use TheBounty fork build of YafaRay." Or something similar.

Thanks,
oort

RE: TheBounty Renderer (rewrite for wxWidgets) - povmaniac - 09-11-2015

oort Wrote:Yes, probably some laziness on my part as well..
Well.. i'm a bit disappointed with this attitude, but this is a free project. All people is free for the use of their free time, under their own criteria.
Now, I start to prepare the repository code of adapted to wxWidgets version. I hope that you find a bit of time for testing and reporting issues.. Smile