Wings 3D Development Forum
Website viewed in IE9 [SOLVED] - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Website viewed in IE9 [SOLVED] (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Website viewed in IE9 - greytery - 11-22-2012

Although we shouldn't say so it seems the advice could be 'switch to FF' Dodgy

I get those not logged on errors sometimes, too. But I've put that down to losing the cookie. (I run CCLeaner in background and it was deleting the cookie from this site. Stopped it doing that and now I don't have the log on problem)

RE: Website viewed in IE9 - micheus - 11-22-2012

(11-22-2012, 03:09 AM)optigon Wrote: Yes the Fourm looks the same however the bug report is more about the Home Page of the website wings3d.com, at least I thought is was Smile
Oh man. How stupid I am. Blush
There is only the forum on my mind. Biggrin

I tested it on IE8 (at my work) and there is only a small issue with the images in the page header:
[Image: w3dsiteie8.th.png]

but, it can be attenuated by enabling the "compatibility mode"
[Image: w3dsiteie8compatible.th.png]
although we still can't see the top-right image.

RE: Website viewed in IE9 - optigon - 11-22-2012

(11-22-2012, 10:01 PM)micheus Wrote:
(11-22-2012, 03:09 AM)optigon Wrote: Yes the Fourm looks the same however the bug report is more about the Home Page of the website wings3d.com, at least I thought is was Smile
Oh man. How stupid I am. Blush
There is only the forum on my mind. Biggrin

I tested it on IE8 (at my work) and there is only a small issue with the images in the page header:
[Image: w3dsiteie8.th.png]

but, it can be attenuated by enabling the "compatibility mode"
[Image: w3dsiteie8compatible.th.png]
although we still can't see the top-right image.

I'm working on the problem, and your screen shots reflect the changes. The Navigation bar seems better, but now there are issues with the banner.

It's okay, just takes time to fix.

RE: Website viewed in IE9 - optigon - 11-23-2012

Is compatibility mode common?

Navigation bar should be fixed. Not sure about the banner. Inset images may need work too.

I was using netrenderer.com to see the page in ie, but they don't clear their cache between shots so I can't do proper testing.

RE: Website viewed in IE9 - greytery - 11-23-2012

Much cleaner output!!
But now there are differences in indented bullets and text on the Doc page. Sad

Compatibility mode in IE9 is 'automatic', that is, it's not normally a problem.

Banner: Use of smaller Wings3DBannerLight1.png header works on IE. On FF the page uses the full width banner1.png.
Is difference/problem to do with the setting of width="980"??
The WP Twentyeleven Theme has a max of 960, apparently. IE behaves differently to FF when widths are exceeded, but just a guess.

RE: Website viewed in IE9 - micheus - 11-23-2012

IE8: [Image: sitew3die8.th.png] IE9: [Image: sitew3die9full.th.png] FF17: [Image: sitew3dff17full.th.png]

By resizing the IE9 window (decreasing the width) I could rich it 816px wide without much distortion. After that, the Wings3d Links jumps to the bottom of the page (it doesn't happens on IE8 ):
[Image: sitew3die9.th.png]

RE: Website viewed in IE9 - optigon - 11-23-2012

The different browsers process the css declarations sometimes differently, and sometimes not at all.

Cache retention is sometimes a problem too. Firefox is actually using only the logo and name, just like in ie, but you'll have to press F5 to refresh the cache and see the new page.

Regarding bullets and spacing, some of the formatting may still need addressing.

Regarding the navigation and shifting page sections, this is intentional. It is a technique used to help make pages readable on smartphones. They call it a responsive style.

Glad the theme is a bit cleaner now, and I will try to get the rest sorted.