Wings 3D Development Forum
Wings 1.5.2 - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Wings 1.5.2 (/showthread.php?tid=469)

Pages: 1 2

Wings 1.5.2 - dgud - 11-16-2013

Windows (and src code) available as download, for now via development links on website.

Linux and mac will come later, hopefully during week.

NOTES:

- Fix various crashes and instabilites. [dgud]

- Automatically freeze mirrors when exporting, thanks to nemyax for the report. [Micheus]

- Window can be used by users with unicode chars in the name on windows [dgud]

- Fixed an issue setting the camera position with the dialog.
Thanks to ekolis. [Micheus]

- Fixed more PovRay output formats
Thanks ekolis. [Micheus]

RE: Wings 1.5.2 - micheus - 11-16-2013

Thanks for the update Dan.

When you say: "for now via development links on website."
maybe you want say: "via Downloads links on website" Rolleyes

RE: Wings 1.5.2 - oort - 11-16-2013

dgud,
Thanks for the new release. Tested Automatic mirror freeze and more povray output formats. Both working perfectly. Mirror freeze does take longer when doing subdivisions on export when tested on a sphere. Probably more noticeable on my old PC... Smile

Micheus,
Did you submit fixes for the image plane bugs? They are still in the new release... Sad

oort

RE: Wings 1.5.2 - micheus - 11-16-2013

(11-16-2013, 04:53 PM)oort Wrote: Did you submit fixes for the image plane bugs? They are still in the new release... Sad
Yes -closed pulls.
Is it still crashing for you?

RE: Wings 1.5.2 - oort - 11-16-2013

No crashes. I am speaking of the bug where the created bottom image plane is flipped. Also the text in the images for Left and Back in the dialog window image being upside down. That one is not as important...

oort

RE: Wings 1.5.2 - micheus - 11-17-2013

(11-16-2013, 06:22 PM)oort Wrote: I am speaking of the bug where the created bottom image plane is flipped. Also the text in the images for Left and Back in the dialog window image being upside down.
My fault. I forget about it after you had reported it when the 1.5.1 was released. Angry
dgud, sorry for not pay attention on it, since you asked about any other fixed to be applied before you release this new one. Blush

[edit] oort, I checked it again using my Kombi blueprints and for the images I have and it seems to be ok (maybe the front/back would be switched - but it can be done when loading the image):
[Image: th_kombi_zps0e4ee338.jpg]
[Image: th_kombi-bottom-right_zpsb291cd5f.jpg]
[Image: th_kombi-top-right_zpsd893d455.jpg]
Are my blueprints wrong? Is there any standard that I should to use?

RE: Wings 1.5.2 - Fonte Boa - 11-17-2013

As wings3d.com downloads area, this version (1.5.2) appears as Development release and the anterior bug one (1.5.1) as Stable one.
Is that correct?

RE: Wings 1.5.2 - oort - 11-18-2013

Micheus,
Sorry for the slow response. I have been away from my computer today. The problem is only obvious when you use an image that is not symetrical. An easy way to test is to use a Yafaray render with the settings badge turned on. Then you will see that the bottom view is flipped about the z axis instead of the x axis. I am thinking the settings badge should appear at the bottom (near to the camera/user). It would be as if the top view image plane is rotated 180 degrees about the X axis. Currently it is being flipped about the z axis. I think because your Kombi blueprints are symetrical we did not notice the problem before. Am I mistaken???

Thanks,
oort

RE: Wings 1.5.2 - micheus - 11-18-2013

But, shouldn't the blueprints be prepared to be symmetrical?!
It should be based on the views. Isn't it?

RE: Wings 1.5.2 - oort - 11-18-2013

Some objects are not symetrical so the blueprints would not be symetrical. If you test with a single image and switch from Front, Right, Top, Back, Left, and then Bottom you will see that Bottom acts differently from all the rest. Try with an unsymetrical blueprint or yafaray render with the settings badge...

oort