Wings 3D Development Forum
Wings 3D -Copy and paste? - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Wings 3D -Copy and paste? (/showthread.php?tid=486)

Wings 3D -Copy and paste? - hepajames - 11-26-2013

Is there a way to copy and paste certain parts of my half modeled apple in Wings 3D?
So that I model only half of the apple and make a mirror ?

RE: Wings 3D -Copy and paste? - Ravyn - 11-26-2013

Highlight the face that you want mirrored..
Then:
On the top toolbar.. Click on Tools.. You can create a virtual mirror there..
Or..
Right click on the screen & choose Mirror.
Be sure the face is centered & very flat.. I've had some strange results using the wrong faces.. LOL ..

RE: Wings 3D -Copy and paste? - katelara - 01-25-2014

Hello, i am trying to create the screw thread for a lightbulb. I was wondering if i had a spring in the place where i wanted to make the thread i could simply tell wings to create the verts where the spring and the lightbulb intersect (basically "drawing a path for the verts.)

RE: Wings 3D -Copy and paste? - micheus - 01-25-2014

katelara, your subject isn't related to this thread's subject. You would never get an answer. Next time create your own thread or look for some one similar. Wink

(01-25-2014, 07:15 AM)katelara Wrote: Hello, i am trying to create the screw thread for a lightbulb. I was wondering if i had a spring in the place where i wanted to make the thread i could simply tell wings to create the verts where the spring and the lightbulb intersect (basically "drawing a path for the verts.)
There is a thread asking for the same thing: Creating verts along intersection between two objects
Maybe the answer there can help you.

When you read ML Boolean there - it means ManiboldLab Wings3d version by ggaliens. (that's not the official Wings3d and it has its own session in this forum ManifoldLab Plug-ins Collection)

RE: Wings 3D -Copy and paste? - Justanother1 - 01-25-2014

Here's how I'd do it ..
[Image: 29z6azb.jpg]

RE: Wings 3D -Copy and paste? - puzzledpaul - 01-26-2014

(01-25-2014, 08:49 PM)Justanother1 Wrote: Here's how I'd do it ..

Just wondering if this is some sort of 'special' ... since the majority of threads that I've come across are RH, triangular(ish) cross section ... and 50/50 thread / valley ... and possibly a somewhat less coarse pitch?

pp

RE: Wings 3D -Copy and paste? - Justanother1 - 01-27-2014

Was something I hadn't attempted yet, decided to play around with it. The pic above was my second attempt. Thread count and pitch? As we say in the construction trades, "Looks good from my house" Smile
Anyway this was made with minimal steps, should UV-map well, and it's stackable. the bolt was made using the "Put on" command to stack them.

Oh wow Paul, your right! I got the threads backwards X( ... here lemme fix that for ya .. Smile
[Image: hrik55.jpg]