Wings 3D Development Forum
Welcome to the new fourm! - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Welcome to the new fourm! (/showthread.php?tid=5)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Welcome to the new fourm! - optigon - 11-07-2012

Hope you like the new forum. I know it seems really empty right now, but it's ad free and a fresh start.

optigon

RE: Welcome to the new fourm - ggaliens - 11-07-2012

I guess I like the colors better. No ads will be nice.

RE: Welcome to the new fourm - optigon - 11-07-2012

(11-07-2012, 05:16 PM)ggaliens Wrote: I guess I like the colors better. No ads will be nice.

Yeah the Yuku ads were really annoying.
BTW, I added a ManifoldLab sub-forum for you and anyone who uses ML.

RE: Welcome to the new fourm - ggaliens - 11-07-2012

I thank you for that subforum, and I'll sequester my tinkerings there as required.

I hope there will be additional good news about next version. Fingers crossed.

RE: Welcome to the new fourm - micheus - 11-07-2012

Thanks Optigon
I also liked the new theme color for www.wings3d.com

(11-07-2012, 05:33 PM)ggaliens Wrote: I hope there will be additional good news about next version. Fingers crossed.
My christmas wish is a new release of Wings3d. Rolleyes

RE: Welcome to the new fourm - oort - 11-07-2012

optigon,
Glad to see you tinkering with Wings3D. The forum looks very nice. Is there any way to add a link to the old forum here so that the knowledge that is there is visible to new users in this forum. I am sure there is a lot of junk in the old forum but I am sure there are quite a few gems there as well. Maybe there should be a section in the new forum for pasting the gems here???

I noticed that there is no AutoUV section in the new forum. That may no longer be needed?

It would be good to have the Plug-ins section in the new forum. I guess that sort of thing could go into the programming section but I don't think new users would ever look in there. Just thinking of where to put my YafaRay thread... Smile

When I hit the link in the e-mail for activating my account here I was automatically logged in. I never had to enter the Activation Code....

Thanks!
oort

I just noticed the Design & Development section. Will that be the new plug-ins section?

oort

RE: Welcome to the new fourm - optigon - 11-07-2012

(11-07-2012, 06:06 PM)oort Wrote: optigon,
Glad to see you tinkering with Wings3D. The forum looks very nice. Is there any way to add a link to the old forum here so that the knowledge that is there is visible to new users in this forum. I am sure there is a lot of junk in the old forum but I am sure there are quite a few gems there as well. Maybe there should be a section in the new forum for pasting the gems here???

I noticed that there is no AutoUV section in the new forum. That may no longer be needed?

It would be good to have the Plug-ins section in the new forum. I guess that sort of thing could go into the programming section but I don't think new users would ever look in there. Just thinking of where to put my YafaRay thread... Smile

When I hit the link in the e-mail for activating my account here I was automatically logged in. I never had to enter the Activation Code....

Thanks!
oort

I just noticed the Design & Development section. Will that be the new plug-ins section?

oort

Thanks for the comments oort, and welcome to the new forum Smile

Yes, I was thinking that the Development & Design sub-forum would also be the home for plugins. My intention is to expand the topic a little to include feature request discussions. I found that the Plugins sub-forum on Yuku seemed very focused on tool additions. I feel that broadening the discussion to all aspects of Wings could be beneficial to the project.

But yes, you can put your Yafaray plugin discussions in there Smile

Re: the old forum

Yes, there is a lot of good info on the old forum.

Initially I wanted to port everything but there were problems with that. So I figured we could start fresh and port stuff over to this forum as needed. Most info only comes up when people ask about a particular featuyre or workflow in Wings anyway. Plus, it would be far too much work to copy and paste old stuff here which would just sink to the bottom of the forum as new posts appear. So I think we should just add things as they ciome up.

Also, we won't be closing the old forum for the time being either. And once this forum has seen some use, I believe that it will develop its own content.

I added a link to the old forum on the Community page of the home page which is linked at the top of this forum, but I could add a link titled Wings 3d Forum Archive at the top too.

re: AutoUV section

I imagined that questions regarding autouv could simply go in the Interface sub-forum.

I suppose a variety sub-forums could be added as needed. We'll have to see what's needed.

----

@Micheus -- There has been some talk of possibly getting a release together, but there is no date set.

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - optigon - 11-08-2012

There was a problem with the ip adress filter which stopped people from registering.
Users who tried to register were met with an error stating that 2 people had already registered from that ip address within the last 24hrs. This problem should be solved now.

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - Geta-Ve - 11-08-2012

Hey optigon!

First, I thought you left Wings dev awhile ago? Not that I mind Wings being worked on again, just curious. Second, is it only yourself currently deving it up?

Lastly, the new site and forum look great. I think keeping the sub forums to a minimum is a great idea, things were becoming too unfocused in the old forum. Especially given the fact that only 2 or 3 sections were really being used at all.

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - oort - 11-08-2012

optigon,
The only thing I miss from Yuku is the insert image from photobucket option. Just wondering if it can be added???

Thanks!
oort