Wings 3D Development Forum
Welcome to the new fourm! - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Welcome to the new fourm! (/showthread.php?tid=5)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - optigon - 11-08-2012

(11-08-2012, 04:40 PM)Geta-Ve Wrote: Hey optigon!

First, I thought you left Wings dev awhile ago? Not that I mind Wings being worked on again, just curious. Second, is it only yourself currently deving it up?

Lastly, the new site and forum look great. I think keeping the sub forums to a minimum is a great idea, things were becoming too unfocused in the old forum. Especially given the fact that only 2 or 3 sections were really being used at all.

Thanks Geta-Ve,

I haven't personally looked at the code lately, mainly due to life's challenges, but also due to pending changes from dgud (Dan). There has been talk of a release but no date is set.

There was consensus among the wings devs to launch the forum, but we couldn't reach an agreement on when. But I think the trump card was how annoying yuku's ads were. I like the current sub-forums too. But if we need a dedicated AutoUV forum, we can add it in.

There are some features that we didn't have at yuku as well, like Polls Smile

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - inspireology - 11-09-2012

I would recommend getting a backup of everything on the original Yuku forum and storing it somewhere safe. It is a goldmine of Wings3D information. Recently, Forumer (which shares the same parent company as Yuku, CrowdGather) had a database failure that wiped out many communities entire histories. It would be a beyond a great shame to lose all of that information on Wings3D.

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - Geta-Ve - 11-09-2012

(11-08-2012, 06:42 PM)optigon Wrote: Thanks Geta-Ve,

I haven't personally looked at the code lately, mainly due to life's challenges, but also due to pending changes from dgud (Dan). There has been talk of a release but no date is set.

There was consensus among the wings devs to launch the forum, but we couldn't reach an agreement on when. But I think the trump card was how annoying yuku's ads were. I like the current sub-forums too. But if we need a dedicated AutoUV forum, we can add it in.

There are some features that we didn't have at yuku as well, like Polls Smile

Good to know. Can you guys share some information on what the plans actually ARE with Wings? While the current version is entirely, and incredibly useful, I find myself pondering its future. I noticed that you said another release has been discussed, but, what are your (their?) goals? Has Wings peaked in its capabilities? There are certainly a few things that I would love to see implemented, among them a visual rotation tool (widget) is probably on the top of my list, but nothing that I really can't do without.

Not sure what kind of life changes you have went through, so I will just say that I hope things are at least going well (to any degree possible?) for you. Life, I find, has a habit of throwing us unexpected curve balls, and all we can do is roll with the punches. Smile

Cheers.

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - optigon - 11-09-2012

(11-09-2012, 11:25 AM)inspireology Wrote: I would recommend getting a backup of everything on the original Yuku forum and storing it somewhere safe. It is a goldmine of Wings3D information.

puzzledpaul would be the one to answer the question of backing up the yuku forum. He's the one with the keys Smile
But, certainly we want to keep it the yuku forum as a resouce and for now it will stay open. Even if it were closed to posting, it would remain open for reading.

(11-09-2012, 01:40 PM)Geta-Ve Wrote: Good to know. Can you guys share some information on what the plans actually ARE with Wings?

I think Wings 3d can certainly be taken further. But perhaps another topic should started if we're going to talk about that.

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - Syndarion - 11-10-2012

Than'x a lot for this new forum about this fantastic soft :-).

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - optigon - 11-11-2012

(11-10-2012, 09:37 AM)Syndarion Wrote: Than'x a lot for this new forum about this fantastic soft :-).

Happy to hear that!

Thanks to everyone who's registered so far. I think we can make this forum a success.

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - Dimitri - 11-13-2012

Hello everybody... this change was a needed thing, really, after so many years. The new appearance has a fresh air... it is good. Now, the remaining thing is wishing the best for our so beloved modelling app's further development... Smile

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - ycarry - 11-16-2012

Hi
Im new here...
to the new... fourm!?!

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - Fonte Boa - 11-16-2012

I dont know all of you, but i always have to hit "F5" or Ctrl+"F5" to refresh forum: even from one day to the next, even just after posting something. Is that being happen to you?

RE: Welcome to the new fourm! - optigon - 11-16-2012

(11-16-2012, 08:48 PM)Fonte Boa Wrote: I dont know all of you, but i always have to hit "F5" or Ctrl+"F5" to refresh forum: even from one day to the next, even just after posting something. Is that being happen to you?

Cache refresh is managed by your web browser. I'm using Firefox 16.0.2 without any problems.