Wings 3D Development Forum
Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gripes & Grumbles (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array (/showthread.php?tid=584)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - Fonte Boa - 03-11-2014

(03-11-2014, 01:07 AM)Justanother1 Wrote: It's already there ... Absolute Commands

Nops: i mean "duplicate between" option under Absolute Move command... Isnt this an add-on?! Wink

RE: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - oort - 03-11-2014

I was hoping that Micheus would post an updated .beam as well... Not that I would have time to model anything but I do like to play with new Wings3D toys... Smile

oort

RE: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - micheus - 03-11-2014

(03-10-2014, 10:44 PM)Fonte Boa Wrote: Is it possible?! Or is there another way to install this add?
It's here.
You can use the Install Plugin option in the File menu.

I made a change into the current source code of Snap. So, by now, this .beam file is a replacement for the current one in Wings3D 1.5.2. I hope that dgud would add it to the next Wings3d release. Smile

RE: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - MikeJ - 03-12-2014

(03-11-2014, 04:40 PM)micheus Wrote:
(03-10-2014, 10:44 PM)Fonte Boa Wrote: Is it possible?! Or is there another way to install this add?
It's here.
You can use the Install Plugin option in the File menu.

I made a change into the current source code of Snap. So, by now, this .beam file is a replacement for the current one in Wings3D 1.5.2. I hope that dgud would add it to the next Wings3d release. Smile

A bit confused. Do we use the Install Plug-in to install this or do we simply overwrite the existing .beam file? Or do they do the same thing?

RE: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - oort - 03-12-2014

Install Plugin copies the new beam file over the existing one. So, yes they do the same thing. Install Plugin just makes it easier... Smile

Micheus,
Since I had never used Absolute Commands > Snap before, it took me a few minutes to get the hang of the new feature. It works very good.

Thanks,
oort

RE: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - MikeJ - 03-12-2014

Thanks oort. Smile

RE: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - optigon - 03-12-2014

(03-06-2014, 09:03 PM)oort Wrote: Micheus,
That looks very impressive. Great job. Would it be possible to make duplicates placed randomly. This would make a Scatter random tool for placing marbles on the floor or hairs on an almost bald head. Just wondering... Smile

oort

Scatter or Move>Random could be it's own tool. As an option in the Move menu for Vertex and Object mode, it could be useful in more ways.

Other flavours could be Random Along Axis or Plane (user defined and standard). I am thinking that two factors would involved in the calculation; direction and speed.

RE: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - micheus - 03-13-2014

(03-12-2014, 09:59 PM)optigon Wrote: Scatter or Move>Random could be it's own tool. As an option in the Move menu for Vertex and Object mode, it could be useful in more ways.
For Vertex mode I think that we already have it under Deform->Crumple. Wouldn't it be the same thing?

RE: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - optigon - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 07:26 AM)micheus Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 09:59 PM)optigon Wrote: Scatter or Move>Random could be it's own tool. As an option in the Move menu for Vertex and Object mode, it could be useful in more ways.
For Vertex mode I think that we already have it under Deform->Crumple. Wouldn't it be the same thing?

Similar if not the same as Crumple, yes.
Another idea would be to put an 'in tool option' to re-randomize the axis/acceleration; Press [1] to generate new random results.

RE: Absolute snap with duplicates should make an array - micheus - 04-03-2014

(03-11-2014, 04:40 PM)micheus Wrote: So, by now, this .beam file is a replacement for the current one in Wings3D 1.5.2. I hope that dgud would add it to the next Wings3d release. Smile
It was accepted. Smile