Wings 3D Development Forum
Can't import images - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Can't import images (/showthread.php?tid=706)

Can't import images - jilani - 05-04-2014

Hi All,
I can't import any type of image inside Wings3D. Any hint?
Thanks!
Wings3D-1.5.3 (win32) , on Windows 7

RE: Can't import images - Nova - 05-04-2014

Wings can be a little particular about the image format. Try opening the image in paint and re-saving it as a jpeg (Or a copy if you don't want to lose quality).

RE: Can't import images - jilani - 05-04-2014

(05-04-2014, 08:46 PM)Nova Wrote: Wings can be a little particular about the image format. Try opening the image in paint and re-saving it as a jpeg (Or a copy if you don't want to lose quality).
I have tried many formats (jpeg, png, tiff...) but it really doesn't work.

RE: Can't import images - oort - 05-05-2014

Jilani,
Do you get any error messages? In the very very distant past some images would give me problems but I would always get an error message. Those past problems were fixed for me a long time ago.

oort

RE: Can't import images - jilani - 05-05-2014

(05-05-2014, 12:42 AM)oort Wrote: Jilani,
Do you get any error messages? In the very very distant past some images would give me problems but I would always get an error message. Those past problems were fixed for me a long time ago.
oort

I didn't get any message, but the image is not loaded. I have tried with many types of images but nothing happened: no message, no visualisation.
I have installed Wings3D (win64) instead of (win32) but the problem persists.

RE: Can't import images - Nova - 05-05-2014

Maybe it's a case of expected behaviour vs. intended behaviour? In Wings there are 2 ways to import an image; You can either import it via the file menu, after which it'll only show up in the outliner window. If you are in body mode and "right click>image plane" however, then you'll actually get the image in the scene.

RE: Can't import images - jilani - 05-05-2014

(05-05-2014, 06:58 AM)Nova Wrote: Maybe it's a case of expected behaviour vs. intended behaviour? In Wings there are 2 ways to import an image; You can either import it via the file menu, after which it'll only show up in the outliner window. If you are in body mode and "right click>image plane" however, then you'll actually get the image in the scene.

Yes it is! Thank you.

RE: Can't import images - oort - 05-05-2014

Nova,
Great job at figuring out the solution. I never thought of that since I always have my "Outliner Window" open... Smile

jilani,
You will probably want to have your "Geometry Window" open as well for selecting, locking, hiding, etc. objects.

oort

RE: Can't import images - Nova - 05-05-2014

I handle some of the forums for last game, so I'm getting used to the most obvious problem usually being the case Tongue