Wings 3D Development Forum
Absolute Rotate [plug-in] (Updated: 2014/Aug/06) - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Absolute Rotate [plug-in] (Updated: 2014/Aug/06) (/showthread.php?tid=729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Absolute Rotate [plug-in] (Updated: 2014/May/27) - ggaliens - 06-22-2014

Just curious as to why this is under heading "Absolute cmd"

Anyone know why ?

Google drive is opening the TARBALL for me and making it hard to download. YUK.

RE: Absolute Rotate [plug-in] W.I.P. (Updated: 2014/May/27) - ggaliens - 06-22-2014

OK. Got the tarball somehow. Installed. Tested. It seems to do what was advertised and desired.

"L) Chose the axis along which the angle will be measured orthographically."

You should change this to just plain old ...

"L) Chose the axis of rotation."

The original sentence is a bit like a GEORGE W BUSH-ism quite honestly.

New update - micheus - 06-30-2014

I replaced the Information line text by the text suggested by puzzledpaul, fixed some bugs reported by Arg Arg and Fonte Boa and added a new RMB option. (download in the post#1)

Different of the way the other commands in Wings3d use the vectors - that take in account only their orientation - this command take care about their sense too. So, it will define the right side for the rotation and the rotation is made using the minor angle value between two vectors.

The parameters entered will create something like the gizmos/controllers - Wings3d allow us to use any element in a object to build this information.

[Image: rotate-LMB_zps9e0e9e33.png]
[Image: rotate-MMB_zps18789128.png]
MMB option make a snap operation too, but if don't need to move the object just select the same point as reference and target.
This option enable us to do a correct location and alignment of an object that sometimes is not possible using .Put On. command (the left result):
[Image: rotate-align-snap_zps69c22624.png]
RMB option is MMB + array options (as the other Absolute commands). The Reference point and Set position coordinates give us the orientation and the initial distance that can be changed in the dialog. Other parameters will modify the duplicated elements appearance:
[Image: rotate-RMB_zps4b60da47.png]
Another example:
[Image: rotate-RMB-example_zpsb00c78d9.png]

I still have two or three new parameters to include in the dialog. By now we already have some possible combinations to do.

RE: Absolute Rotate [plug-in] W.I.P. (Updated: 2014/Jun/30) - Arg Arg - 07-01-2014

[Image: 16k886e.jpg]

great work, Micheus! Smile
thank you!

RE: Absolute Rotate [plug-in] W.I.P. (Updated: 2014/Jun/30) - Geta-Ve - 07-10-2014

Wow, impressive stuff! (Now if only someone would code in some manipulators ... ^_^)

Update... - micheus - 08-06-2014

I finish the RMB option. (download in the post#1)

As I said I added some extra parameters as well I enabled Duplicate around parameter without the Duplicates parameter has been set. That make possible to create multiple copies of a object around of a centre in a more interactive (and fast) way than using the pair of Wings3d commands: Duplicate and Rotate.

In the example below the handle was merged from a second file and I used the MMB option to rotate and put it in the desired place; then, I used the RMB to place it around the cylinder:
[Image: rotate_rmb_single_array_zps3eca2819.png]
I record another video trying to show how the parameters affect the result: Absolute rotate (RMB option) - W.I.P [Wings3d]
and this was the object I create by playing the parameters:
[Image: th_rotate_rmb_flower_zps28fd0094.jpg]

RE: Update... - Geta-Ve - 08-08-2014

This is great stuff man. Dup-Around is epic. Something I've wanted for awhile.

RE: Absolute Rotate [plug-in] W.I.P. (Updated: 2014/Aug/06) - Nova - 08-09-2014

Looking forward to trying this out soon!

RE: Absolute Rotate [plug-in] W.I.P. (Updated: 2014/Aug/06) - micheus - 08-10-2014

Thank you guys. Please tell me if you find any bug. Smile

Just to inform, only today I update the wings_vec.beam to include fix I did yesterday. Sorry by not have updated both together.

RE: Absolute Rotate [plug-in] W.I.P. (Updated: 2014/Aug/06) - Dimitri - 08-19-2014

Just yesterday I did play with this add-on... it is excellent. It offers a whole new range of abilities in Wings. Admittedly it is not so much intuitive as to its use but once learned it is a very powerful tool.

Thanks a lot Micheus... great work, great contribution to Wings' further enrichment! Smile