Wings 3D Development Forum
POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - oort - 09-11-2016

Micheus,
Great addition. Glad it can be added to the other render plugins as well... Smile

Thanks,
oort

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - micheus - 09-12-2016

I updated the .tar file.
I wanted it to be active by project file, but the plugins don't get appropriated events to manage that. So, it works by session only.

You load your project, render the first time as usual and the next time you need to repeat the render you can use the new menu item added. Once you close the project file the menu item is removed. If you load the project file again the menu item will not be there until you do the first render. It's better then nothing, I think. Smile

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - oort - 09-12-2016

Micheus,
The way you have it working sounds like a good way anyway... I need to reset my brain from one day to the next to remember what I was trying to do when I am doing lots of renders of a file... Smile

Edit: Tested and working.. Smile Thanks again...

oort

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - dgud - 09-12-2016

What I have used is to setup a keyboard shortcut to the specific render algorithm.
Then I could start quick rendering without dialog invocation.

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - micheus - 09-12-2016

From the file menu we always havĂȘ passou through the Render options dialog. How do you define this hotkey that will not show it?

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - dgud - 09-13-2016

Hotkeys does not invoke the 'Options' variant, or used to do but I might have broken things ;-)

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - tkbd - 09-13-2016

Micheus,
It work fine even Mac environment.
It is useful when installed multiple renderers. Smile

However,this menu item will be added even when exported a PovRay file from except Render Menu.
For example
At first :File>Export Selected>PovRay or File>Export > PovRay
Added a menu item "File>Render(PovRay.pov)"
Is this behavior is correct?
In this case, the rendering will fail....

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - micheus - 09-13-2016

(09-13-2016, 10:37 AM)dgud Wrote: Hotkeys does not invoke the 'Options' variant, or used to do but I might have broken things ;-)
In this case we can consider this a bug. It would be convenient for renders, but it can be a problem for other kind of plugins.

(09-13-2016, 03:14 PM)tkbd Wrote: However,this menu item will be added even when exported a PovRay file from except Render Menu.
I don't think so. I have to separate the event handling for render and export. Thanks tkbd. Smile

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - tkbd - 09-15-2016

Micheus,I put my thoughts together again....
tkbd Wrote:However,this menu item will be added even when exported a PovRay file from except Render Menu.

I expected the same result in both the Render menu and Export menu.
In other words, it is that the new rendered image is added a item to the outliner window.
After use from "Render menu". the rendering shortcut use,it works as the expected.
After use from "Export menu". the rendering shortcut use, Wings3D returned the dialog that "No image rendered".

But I forgot to check the directory where a pov file has saved(Sorry,this is my fault...).
So I thought rendering is failed,and did wrong guess.
In fact, the rendered image file has be generated.Blush

See a following movie.

(If it is difficult to read blurred text in the video,please set quality to 400p )

I hope to display dialog with something "The Image file has been saved in the same directory as the Pov file" rather than "No image rendered". Shy
An other better an alternative plan are welcome.

Thanks!

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - micheus - 09-15-2016

tkbd, thanks for the video.
As I told, I believe that menu items shouldn't be used for Export - just Render. So, by fixing that the wrong message will not be displayed anymore.