Wings 3D Development Forum
J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gallery (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) (/showthread.php?tid=80)

Pages: 1 2

J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - Geta-Ve - 12-03-2012

Hey guys,

I was perusing the Wings site gallery and started wondering what models I have that could contend with some of the great entries there. Then I remembered this guy that I finished a couple of months ago.

He didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, and I had wanted to deck him out with a ton more accessories clipped to his backpack, but, I had spent too long on him already and decided I needed to call him finished at some point. Tongue

Fully modelled in Wings, rendered in Maya with some super basic materials.

Furthermore you can see the model for yourself here: (note, you need newest browser for it to work properly)

[Image: jp_butterfoot_render_001.png]

[Image: jp_butterfoot_render_002.png]

[Image: jp001.png]

[Image: jp002.png]

[Image: jp003.png]

[Image: jp004.png]

[Image: jp005.png]

[Image: jp006.png]

RE: J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - Fonte Boa - 12-03-2012

I liked it: specially his stereocopic glasses. Very nice work.

RE: J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - Geta-Ve - 12-03-2012

Ahh, the goggles. I forgot to explain those. In fact, I really didn't give much of a backstory on him at all did I?

Alright, well, his goggles aren't really stereoscopic, I unfortunately decided to use blue and red as lens colours, which in retrospect was kind of silly of me. Anyhow, J.P. is from a desert planet, he is a worldly explorer. His goggles are used as a means of studying his surroundings as well as keeping the sun out of his eyes.

His satchel is home to many different kinds of lenses for all kinds of situations. He can hot swap the lens at any time with the blue and red ones. They simply snap in and out of their holding.

Finally the mechanism for his goggles flipping up and down, I am pretty sure, should work if it were built in real life. I designed in myself so that it has a switch blade style quick flip, the kind that "snaps" open or shut the nearer it gets to being, open or shut. That way his goggles will always be sturdy when open and or shut.

Hopefully that makes some kind of sense.

Anyhoo, thanks Fonte!

RE: J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - greytery - 12-03-2012

.. and I thought it was because Red-Blue glasses are just what you need for viewing 3D!!

The WebGL link to J.P. is marvellous, and yet another reason for switching away from IE9 ( which cant handle the graphics) to Chrome or FF
By toggling to Wireframe, I can see the spare lens in his satchel.

RE: J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - optigon - 12-04-2012

I'm playing with the Fourm image display code... can't promise to get it perfect though.

Nice work though Smile

RE: J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - Geta-Ve - 12-04-2012

@greytery

Yea, I use P3D for all my freelance work as well. It is insanely useful to show my clients progress as I go, and being able to keep models unlisted and private just helps with that.

@optigon

I thought I was going crazy! lol. I started checking all my browser settings. Tongue Thanks man!

Quick question, is it possible to get P3D embeds working on this forum? Would be lovely. Cheers!

RE: J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - powwerpuff - 12-04-2012

I like this model.

RE: J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - optigon - 12-05-2012

p3d support added Wink
Look for the green P icon in the editor toolbar.

RE: J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - Fonte Boa - 12-05-2012

GREAT!

edit:
with shader selection "shadeless" i just can see Geta-Ve model silhouette;
therefore i can see the green P with the same shader selection without problems:
maybe some problem with Geta model?

The video shows the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd4bscFxllw&feature=youtu.be

Same problem with Geta model in p3d site: just a white silhouette if using "shadeless" shader... So, this isnt a forum problem.

RE: J.P. Butterfoot (image heavy) - Fonte Boa - 12-05-2012

It seems the model have to be textured to shadeless mode works properlly.

How to acquire a forum embed code?