Wings 3D Development Forum
Shape Extruder? - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ManifoldLab Plug-ins Collection (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Shape Extruder? (/showthread.php?tid=82)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Shape Extruder? - ggaliens - 12-18-2012

OK. Shape Extruder basic now has preview dialog and is RELEASED in recent distro.

RE: Shape Extruder? - puzzledpaul - 12-19-2012

In the absence of tuts wouldn't it be useful to tell prospective (especially new) users where to find this feature?

Looks like 'cube' has been overwritten, btw ...

pp

RE: Shape Extruder? - oort - 12-19-2012

ggaliens,
I installed your build last night. I noticed during installation there was a dialog that said my Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 X86 was not up to date. Shouldn't you be using 2010 instead? At least I think that is what is used in the official release. I aborted updating that when it told me that I first needed to close Outlook.

It is nice to see previews of the models before saying ok. I had to use Manual mode because my computer is old (Pentium 4 2.4GHz). I still think it would be better if it were possible to have simple dialogs i.e. Height: 2, Diameter: 4, Length: 8. As it is, I blindly change numbers in the formulas to see what happens... Smile Sad

oort

RE: Shape Extruder? - ggaliens - 12-19-2012

You create the shape specs with the "NAMES" you want. If they look awesome ... they can become part of shape extruder for all times.

I came close to using Manual mode. There are a few optimizations I can make to have it go much faster.

With some regret ... I did bump the cube by-hand so that I could get back pole-position for "Lots more" on that menu. "Cube" went from being implemented by core wings3d to being implemented by n-cube plugin. This was a problem for me.

What I probably should to is call my plugins "xtras" in the directory structure. This would allow me to be last man in which affords me some choices. Maybe Optigon would have a better idea of how I can get on top of each menu. Currently ... under the covers ... it is like all out battle for menu position.

I can make changes for next release to try and get cube back where it was.

I am hoping to not distribute as "Snapshot" once 1.5.x goes to from Snapshot to Dev release. I will go back to TARBALL release. Meaning I'll be less likely to "muck around".

I didn't want "Lot's more to be in middle of that menu". But if that is preferred ... I'll go with that.

I could not find this one to download form Microsoft.

WINGS_VCREDIST_VERSION=10.00.40219.1

And when I did download 2010 a long time ago ... I think I had a few problem with it.

RE: Shape Extruder? - micheus - 12-19-2012

ggaliens, did you try to install the Erlang OTP with the option Microsoft DLL's checked (even if it is already present)?
If you have a version greater than this one the install will fail, but you will get the vcredist installer added to your Erlang install dir (i.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\erl5.9.3.1\vcredist_x86.exe) - (version 10.0.30319.01 - it's the minimal requirement, I think)

I believe this should be the one you have to make available to NSIS when building the installer.

RE: Shape Extruder? - ggaliens - 12-19-2012

Thank Micheus.

I'll try to get this straightened out. It has been very annoying to me at times ... so probably more so for folks such as oort.

PP ... I did fix the Cube menu item problem. - ggaliens - 12-19-2012

PP ... I did fix the Cube menu item problem with latest release.

Just FYI.