Wings 3D Development Forum
Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Interface & Usage (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center (/showthread.php?tid=920)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - ggaliens - 10-28-2014

If you guys want to take this to the dedicated forum. I can help. We are supposed to sequester discussion of said plugin suite to that forum. And ... I do answer PMs and e-mails.

RE: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - pashman - 10-28-2014

Hey guys, thanks one and all. Very impressed with the support. We have a MakerBot in a very public place in our facility and this is the first object we rendered from scratch on it. The possibilities are endless!

RE: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - micheus - 10-28-2014

pashman, I took a look at you model and I think you need to review the hard edges in you model.

I also fixed the problem related to not attach .wings files. It should works fine now and by clicking on it you should be prompt about open it with Wings3d (in case you had assigned that file type during the install). Wink

RE: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - Radi - 10-29-2014

@Micheus: Radio ? :p nice typo.

Btw I just installed mlab wings, these tools can be usefull in some cases, great work umm ggaliens . . ?
Anyway, Wings, I love it , thanks for hard work you dev guys ^.^

RE: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - micheus - 10-29-2014

(10-29-2014, 02:26 AM)Radi Wrote: @Micheus: Radio ? :p nice typo.
Sorry about the wrong type. I already fixed that. Blush

RE: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - marcusqueen - 11-03-2014

I want to punch a hole through that disk in the size of the other cylinder. Oddly this forum won't let you upload drawing files created in Wings3d?? Change .doc to .wings.

RE: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - sandralambert - 11-27-2014

I can put a cylinder through another object and grab opposites circular faces and bridge, but it doesn't subtract the intervening bits. Here is the file, with the small cylinder laying on the disk. I

RE: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - micheus - 11-27-2014

(11-27-2014, 03:34 PM)sandralambert Wrote: I can put a cylinder through another object and grab opposites circular faces and bridge, but it doesn't subtract the intervening bits. Here is the file, with the small cylinder laying on the disk. I
Hi sandralambert
I think your post is truncated. Anyway, if the problem is related to the boolean plugin only ggaliens will be able to help you since it was implemented by him. Try to check/ask in the Manifoldlab session.

RE: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - Radi - 11-27-2014

Creating a hole by use Bridge command works a little different than you describe sandralambert.

try boolean plugins in ManifildLab edition or if you want to do this in normal Wings, just write here.

..and yeah, your post is truncated Smile check it again

RE: Creating a hole in a cylinder off center - Geta-Ve - 12-12-2014

Another option would be to utilize the Circularize command. Basically create a rough shaped hole anywhere in your mesh (via bridge of course) and then select the outer loops and use circularize.

Unless I have misunderstood the issue... Tongue