Wings 3D Development Forum
Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gallery (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=933)

Pages: 1 2

Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - Hank - 11-06-2014

Hello everyone!

Time for another model. This time it's Ford Fiesta WRC 2014. When first time I saw this body I promised myself to model it. This aggresive shape is beautiful and I couldn't resist. Original version can be seen here: Ford Fiesta WRC

Some details: maybe it will sound strange, but for this model (as far as I remeber any other too) I did not use strictly blueprints or photos for modeling. I started from front bumper and later I modeled further parts. I prefer this way because you do not have to focus on many details and in the final result, just for comparison, I check some photos if the part are on the right position. Anyway, I hope you like it.

Textures made in Gimp.
C&C are welcome.

RE: Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - desktopsimmer - 11-06-2014

Nice. I've got a Ford Fiesta (1.4 Diesel) myself. Would love to upgrade to a more sporter version Smile

RE: Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - micheus - 11-07-2014

Very nice model Hank.
I hope you have no problem with I sharing it on Wings3d fanpage at Facebook. Smile

RE: Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - Hank - 11-07-2014

(11-07-2014, 02:48 PM)micheus Wrote: Very nice model Hank.
I hope you have no problem with I sharing it on Wings3d fanpage at Facebook. Smile

Of course I have no problem. Feel free to share any of my work.
Thank you!

RE: Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - Radi - 11-08-2014

very nice done! ^.^

can you share this model along with textures? (to use as in-game decoration)

RE: Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - studiof - 11-08-2014

Great Model.

RE: Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - Hank - 12-04-2014

Hello everyone!

I made small update of this model and below you can see the result. I wanted to make this texture as first option, but due to my poor knowledge of UV unwrapping it had to be postponed. Unfortunately I did not avoid some stretches here and there, but anyhow only practice makes you master Smile
If you have better experience in it, I would be grateful for sharing with any advise.

Thank you.

ps. When I compare others UV car texture it seems Normal unwrapping is the most popular. I wonder how they do it, so the texts are not stretched.

RE: Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - Radi - 12-04-2014

Hi, looking at this model and it texturing its seems that your UV's maps are very good organized Tongue

RE: Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - micheus - 12-05-2014

I'm not so experienced doing UVmaps, so don't take my words seriously. Smile

I think you texture is great. I liked to see the wire only version of it - is much ease now see how clear and well worked the mesh.

Let's discuss that in this thread: UV mapping with Wings3D

RE: Ford Fiesta WRC 2014 - Hank - 12-06-2014

(12-05-2014, 03:21 PM)micheus Wrote: Let's discuss that in this thread: UV mapping with Wings3D

When I click the link I get message:

"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link."