Wings 3D Development Forum
Amal Carburetor Mk I - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gallery (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Amal Carburetor Mk I (/showthread.php?tid=962)

Amal Carburetor Mk I - Hank - 11-23-2014

Hello Wings users!

I wanted to make something strictly technical and high detailed, so this time I present Amal carburetor Mk I - used in various motorcycles: Triumph, BSA, Norton and other English motorcycles for many years.
It was good fun joining all the pieces together and I learn few new tricks during that. For instance, I love 'Connect' and 'Smooth' options. It increases work and makes less stressfull too Smile
I'd like to share with one advise: when you want to make model which will have many joined parts, you should think about the right number of vertices from the begining. I started going from the bottom to upper parts and later did not have to take care about changing retopology or adding to many connections.
I want to thank all Wings 3D users and creators for all improvements!

Cheers,
Hank

Details:
Modeled in Wings 3D 1.4.1
Rendered in Blender (Internal) 2.67

@ 18.12.2014

- modeled internal parts and added some new (air filter/float assembly/throttle valve etc.)

Wings 3D 1.5.3 and 1.5.3 Mlab

@ggaliens:
Booleans option in Mlab are incredible. I want to have them in official W3D!

RE: Amal Carburetor Mk I - Radi - 11-24-2014

Very well done Smile seeing this I will to practice more (with modelling of course) ;p

RE: Amal Carburetor Mk I - micheus - 11-24-2014

Again, another great and detailed work. Smile
Thanks for sharing with us.

RE: Amal Carburetor Mk I - olve11 - 11-30-2014

Great work !!!

RE: Amal Carburetor Mk I - kenmo - 12-11-2014

Wow...that is cool... The only carburetor that I see now in real life is the Edelbrock Streetperformer 625 cfm that replaced the Carter AFB that was on my 60 Corvette, which is now hibernating in the garage until spring...

Damn fine modeling though....love it...

RE: Amal Carburetor Mk I - Hank - 12-18-2014

(12-11-2014, 12:10 PM)kenmo Wrote: Wow...that is cool... The only carburetor that I see now in real life is the Edelbrock Streetperformer 625 cfm that replaced the Carter AFB that was on my 60 Corvette, which is now hibernating in the garage until spring...

Damn fine modeling though....love it...

Thanks. If I can make it, then you can make it too Smile
I've checked your both carburetors and fall from my chair.
Anyway, if the car is in the garage for next few months, maybe you try to skill up Wings modeling? most motorcycles carburetors form 20's or 30's had quite simple construction, that's why I made Amal.
Good luck, and remeber, you can count on us!

RE: Amal Carburetor Mk I - micheus - 12-18-2014

Hank Wrote:@ggaliens:
Boroleans option in Mlab are incredible. I want to have them in official W3D!
You can. ggaliens already made it available as a "standalone" plugin. No need to be in the core since it uses a 3rd part software.

The updates look awesome!