Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Serious stuff for the conscientious conchologist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get great enjoyment out of following this kind of dedication.

I believe this chap's name is Nicholas Shea, he is currently working on Whelk, a fascinating bit of math, and his updates are current.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/oaktree/whelk/index.html

Have been trying to get a uv map on the one we see when the program is first launched, its a cylinder so a nice cut straight down the one side, but I have had no success, seems to take an awful long time in wings maybe I need to wait.

Help very much appreciated.
Anthony,
Interesting program... Smile

I tested the program and see a couple of possible problems.

1. The poly count for the exported model is huge. Wings3D works best with low poly models.

2. The model seems to have no thickness. I have seen this in another shell program in the past.

If you can talk the software developer into adding an option for wall thickness and low poly export that would be great. Maybe it is already possible but I didn't see those options in a quick glance.

oort
oort thanks,

Yea, I am kinda pushing it, if you look at the top of the window the mesh has 490 x 80 slices now if I could map a plane with the same number of vertices etc. and just swap the uvs. that would do me.
I think that would be easier to the program to export the model already UV mapped than we try to do that by hand. Since all the object is composed of slices each one could be unwrapped by code when exporting.