Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Mouse Tumble in Windows 8.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I have been using Wings 3d for many many many years. Almost on a daily basis };]. I just bought a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 8.1. I had been using a desktop with Vista and a laptop with XP previously. But both system have died, forcing the new purchase. I downloaded the newest version of Wings 3d, but cannot get the tumble function to work correctly.

I am using the same mouse that I used on the XP laptop, a Logitech MX Performance. When I press the middle mouse button, Wings does go into tumble mode, but no matter what direction I move the mouse from that point on, the object will only tumble/rotate away from me. Moving the mouse side to side, or forwards or back, all directions will only rotate the object away from me. I downloaded and installed the latest Setpoint drivers from Logitech, and made sure the middle wheel was set as the middle button etc... but it has made no difference. I am in a bit of a panic. As I stated earlier, I use Wings daily and am feeling a bit desperate.

I think this is a driver issue, but I am at a loss as to what to do. Logitech will only say that since the mouse works with all my other programs, it is not their issue etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Please, try this
I had tried the "camera moves and interactive commands are jumpy" option, and it didn't help, but I never even thought to try the "camera steals focus" option... and that worked! Thank you very much for the help, you have made my day! };]
Nice to hear that it fixed your problem. Smile
Thanks for sharing.